City’s New Kits - 2021/22

I have had luck through the “contact us” section on the website. I think the email for supporter services is mancity@mancity.com and they usually come back in a couple of days.
I think you are within your rights to say you’ve contacted the shop and they’ve not resolved it so you are escalating it to them to sort it out directly with the shop given their incompetence (and I think they should offer you a goodwill gesture here, fucking scandalous)
@Didsbury Dave

I'm in the same boat. Two shirts about 9 weeks ago and nothing, no email responses either.

I emailed the Club last week on Wednesday and am still waiting for any sort of reply. Even hearing them tell me to piss off would at least be progress.

Since the shenanigans I had last Christmas I wont order from the city store at all, the only way to force them to do anything about their shit system is for people to buy nowt from them.

@Didsbury Dave

I'm in the same boat. Two shirts about 9 weeks ago and nothing, no email responses either.

I emailed the Club last week on Wednesday and am still waiting for any sort of reply. Even hearing them tell me to piss off would at least be progress.
I know what you mean. Being ignored is worse than the items not arriving. People have phoned and emailed the club and had no response about the issue.

It would actually better to receive a reply with them saying something like “Dear Customer, it’s going to be three more months until you get your items, that’s if we can be arsed to send them. If we can’t be arsed, you might never get them. We don’t care that you’re having to wait, it’s tough shit, so suck it up chump!”… than it is being ignored, because at least by responding they’re actually acknowledging that you and your order exists.

@Didsbury Dave

They won't answer emails. If you ring up the contact number you get a pre-recored message telling you that there are severe delays, and they tell you you can cancel if you want. There's no option to talk to anyone.

You know what really pisses me off about it? This was my twin boys' birthday present. They can't even fucking fit into last year's kits when they train now. When I told them about it they actually asked if they could get another team's kit instead. They don't mean an English club, they mean a foreign club. That's how it works with kids these days, they all have multiple kits. But it pisses me off that that is two boys who could be proudly wearing City kits, and also that's £253 that City have pissed up the wall.

I spent hours on the phone arsing about buying them various match tickets earlier in the season too. For one game they couldn't get in and had to go and stand in a queue at the ticket office whilst the game started and they sorted out the mess. At a time when the whole club's focus should be on attracting new fans it's like they are trying their best to make sure they don't bother.

I have had luck through the “contact us” section on the website. I think the email for supporter services is mancity@mancity.com and they usually come back in a couple of days.
I think you are within your rights to say you’ve contacted the shop and they’ve not resolved it so you are escalating it to them to sort it out directly with the shop given their incompetence (and I think they should offer you a goodwill gesture here, fucking scandalous)
I've used that before for ticketing problems. I'll try it. Thanks fella.

More for my own satisfaction than in any hope or expectation I send them this:

Hi

On the 10th August I ordered two new City kits from the club shop for my twin boys’ birthday. That’s over 11 weeks ago. I paid a scandalous £254 for the pair.

Since then, I’ve had nothing. Nada. Nilch. No kits, just a message on the website against my order saying “Order Placed”, sitting there, green and unblinking, week after week, month after month.

When I ordered I was promised delivery in 3-5 days. After what anybody would consider to be a very reasonable 4 weeks of waiting I decided to send an email using the contact form provided enquiring as to when I could expect delivery. No reply. Another couple of weeks went by. I sent another email, hope fading away a bit now. No reply. No phone call. Nothing

In desperation I started phoning the number given on the website. Most times it just rang out. One time in September I was shocked when a lady actually answered, apologised and promised my kits would be with me within ten days. Ten days later, that green message was still sitting there saying “Order Placed”. My kits? Nowhere to be seen. I emailed again. Nothing. I phoned again early this week and there was not even any pretence to answer the phone. Just a vague pre-recorded message saying there were delays and that I could cancel if I wanted to. Then the line went dead.

My boys have grown out of last year’s kits now and have to train in t-shirts. If this isn’t resolved soon they’ll have grown out of these new kits before they even arrived. They are now at the point where they are asking me to get them a different kits from a foreign team, and as a lifelong City fan that irritates me. I want my club to get this money, not PSG or Ajax, and I want by boys to proudly train in City kits.

You know what makes this shambolic affair even worse? I’ve had to mess around and sit on hold repeatedly on the phone during the early part of the season trying to buy them match tickets using the embarrassingly poor new ticketing system. For the Wycombe game their ticket didn’t even work and we all had to go and queue at the ticket office whilst the match started. It’s like MCFC are actively trying to discourage new fans, which seems a bit short-sighted given the home attendances this season.

If I do ever get a response to this message I presume all you will do is apologise but that green message will just sit there unmoved, and I’ll still be £254 out of pocket and have nobody to talk to for answers. Ultimately I guess it will be good news for PSG but if you could at least pass on my annoyance to whoever I will feel a bit better. The total wall of silence from the club’s kit people is actually worse than the 11 weeks delay.

Totally shambolic

Regards

I've used that before for ticketing problems. I'll try it. Thanks fella.
I've contacted the customer service email explaining the situation, which is almost exactly the same as yours. I sent my email a week ago and heard nowt, as of this writing.

I've sent probably 5 emails to the Club shop and only had one reply. Like you, I was told I could cancel. They were "kind enough " to give me a 10% discount code for my trouble. I replied, very cordially, the discount did nothing for me as "cityzens" are regularly given these codes. So essentially, they've done nothing for me.

My daughter, like your boys is football mad and a City fan. Because of the delay, she now wears a PSG Messi kit when she has a kick around with her friends. At this rate, I hope I will receive them in time for Christmas or her birthday in January.

I've contacted the customer service email explaining the situation, which is almost exactly the same as yours. I sent my email a week ago and heard nowt, as of this writing.

I've sent probably 5 emails to the Club shop and only had one reply. Like you, I was told I could cancel. They were "kind enough " to give me a 10% discount code for my trouble. I replied, very cordially, the discount did nothing for me as "cityzens" are regularly given these codes. So essentially, they've done nothing for me.

My daughter, like your boys is football mad and a City fan. Because of the delay, she now wears a PSG Messi kit when she has a kick around with her friends. At this rate, I hope I will receive them in time for Christmas or her birthday in January.
7DEBB4E5-85AE-4308-90FC-B31D0926E3E7.pngIf you are on LinkedIn try messaging our CFO. It’s worked for me before (not City related but other firms)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.