City’s New Kits

I think it’s a great kit. If you hear anyone who doesn’t get the significance of maroon to City tell them to have a look at this piece I posted back in November of the consternation when maroon was replaced by red/black stripes:

https://gjfootballarchive.com/2021/11/30/complaints-about-mcfc-kits/

I’ve seen some on social media question why maroon. Truth is it’s City’s traditional away colour and has been used for numbers on shirts, trim on shorts and on socks of course.

happy to help.
I understand the historical element of maroon on an away kit
The "Brother" striped shirt from around 1987/88 I thought was a thing of beauty and I bought the shirt of the all maroon kit from the following year
Home shirt should be sky or oxford blue and white. Yes dark blue sponsor and numbers, but leave the maroon off the home shirts
As I said, I really don't get/understand maroon on a home shirt

I understand the historical element of maroon on an away kit
The "Brother" striped shirt from around 1987/88 I thought was a thing of beauty and I bought the shirt of the all maroon kit from the following year
Home shirt should be sky or oxford blue and white. Yes dark blue sponsor and numbers, but leave the maroon off the home shirts
As I said, I really don't get/understand maroon on a home shirt
The kit is a tribute to King Colin

88d41687aefe172b7518a78c198c6287.gif

I see maroon on the socks, so I guess the maroon trim is a tribute to that strip.

I tend to agree about the amount of maroon on our home kit...i think a pin stripe up the flanks to the armpit would have been enough of a nod to yesteryear ( shorts) without making it look like a West ham away/hugo boss creation....simetimes less is more.

How much is this masterpiece going to set me back in a large adult size?

According to the MUEN the shirt has achieved record shirt sales after it’s release.

Well I guess you are just not going to be happy so have a great evening :)

Keep in mind the negativity is a small minority. The poll shows this is one of the most popular home shirts we’ve ever had on Bluemoon and sales show it to be the best selling. Some people expect us to have the exact same plain kit every season for some reason.

EADF8A14-3BAA-42AB-AD99-07362EE80248.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.