City’s New Kits

Dunno about the kits, but one of the knock-on of FFP is that clubs have to make as much money as possible and so rip the fans off wherever possible.
Maybe that's to recoup the club a little for the vast quantities of fake & cheap copy City shirts fans buy.

Maybe that's to recoup the club a little for the vast quantities of fake & cheap copy City shirts fans buy.

Pretty sure the money from shirt sales go to Puma.

Besides, are you suggesting City are desperate for money? Maybe you like being ripped off?

Pretty sure the money from shirt sales go to Puma.

Besides, are you suggesting City are desperate for money? Maybe you like being ripped off?
I am not suggesting City are "desperate for money", they certainly are not, you are the one who said " clubs have to make as much money as possible". I am also certain that the club receive a portion of shirt sales revenue through official outlets. I don't like being "ripped off", I only buy City related items when and if I think I am getting value for my money, if I cannot pay the price, I don't buy and have no wish to fund rip off, fake shirt sellers who contribute absolutely nothing to our club.

I am not suggesting City are "desperate for money", they certainly are not, you are the one who said " clubs have to make as much money as possible". I am also certain that the club receive a portion of shirt sales revenue through official outlets. I don't like being "ripped off", I only buy City related items when and if I think I am getting value for my money, if I cannot pay the price, I don't buy and have no wish to fund rip off, fake shirt sellers who contribute absolutely nothing to our club.
And are likely made in even worse conditions than the real shirts (which are not great, either). At least with the official merchandise there is a production trail that allows for some oversight and the ability to apply consumer pressure toward better labour conditions and wages. The snide versions are largely a black box situation and I have never been comfortable with that.

The only ‘discount’ shirts I have ever bought are the ‘irregular’ ones that came from the real manufacturer when I was younger that a mate’s dad used to sell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.