City’s New Kits

I don't believe any of this. Two coach loads, approximately 110 Americans just happen to be touring Manchester, not London, and want to go to both club shops and they are purchasing shirts at both?

They probably wouldn't have said "utd aka united.' Likely they would have called them "Man U or Manyoo, if you will.

If they are buying City tops they would have just bought rag shirts earlier in the day? Approximately £200, close to 250 USD, is a lot of money if you don't support either team and it is just a lark for you.

Speaking of support, if said Americans were actually there and did this, 99% chance they would absolutely not have said "I'll decide which one to support when i see who has won the most at the end of the season." "Support" is a term an English football fan would use. The typical American, who by your story appears to know nowt about football would say "be a fan of" or something similar. The rest of the sentence is a grammatical error a British English speaker would make. Americans tend to make the error of using "more" when it should be "most". In the case of your tale, they would have said it properly. Only two teams, the correct term is "more".

Why do you think they just came from the swamp? Did they bring their bags off the coach into the club shop?

Mate, this story is bullshit from top to bottom. Even the part about you having to order their shirts online for your friends. They are from Australia, not the middle ages. They are capable of ordering the shirts themselves, you wouldn't have to do it for them.
Why would I make this up?

I was paraphrasing the comments I heard.

Being on holiday and spending money on your kids isn’t unusual. £200 is not a lot of money to a lot of people.

Yes they had utd plastic bags. They were taking tags off new shirts as they walked from the blue car park.

My friends are in there 70’s, just being helpful to them. Also, got them 10% off.

To the others with more normal responses, I found this strange but fully understand that we are no longer the club I have followed since the 70’s.

Why would I make this up?

I was paraphrasing the comments I heard.

Being on holiday and spending money on your kids isn’t unusual. £200 is not a lot of money to a lot of people.

Yes they had utd plastic bags. They were taking tags off new shirts as they walked from the blue car park.

My friends are in there 70’s, just being helpful to them. Also, got them 10% off.

To the others with more normal responses, I found this strange but fully understand that we are no longer the club I have followed since the 70’s.
Genuinely interested on your thoughts as to why I would bother to make this up?

Genuinely interested on your thoughts as to why I would bother to make this up?
It doesn't sound plausible to me for the reasons I listed.

I'll add to it. I've been on coach tours and seen others on coach tours. I haven't, and the people I've seen on tours don't typically take their shopping bags from previous purchases off the coach. It is a hassle to carry the bags if you intend to purchase more items. Moreover, some shops don't want you to bring bags in as it makes it easier to shoplift. Therefore, leaving them on the coach with the driver is better.

I realize it is a short trip from the swamp to the Club ship but certainly long enough to take tags off their items they just previously purchased. It doesn't seem they'd have to do it walking from the coaches to the ship.

If they were purchasing new shirts for their children, the kids would likely know which team's shirt they'd want ahead of time. I'd say, and it is my opinion, but based on just what I have seen, kids want what they want. Because of Fifa video games and television, they know, even in America, which team they prefer.

It was kind of you to get your friends a discount. I do mean this sincerely. Whilst my parents, both in their 70s are quite adept at ordering items over the internet, they too would not have been able to get the discount.

In the end, it is your story. I certainly can't disprove it. I wasn't there. I have disputed it because of what i was told are the facts but it is purely conjecture on my part.

Though I may not have expressed myself well calling it "bullshit" I certainly hold no ill will towards you.

It doesn't sound plausible to me for the reasons I listed.

I'll add to it. I've been on coach tours and seen others on coach tours. I haven't, and the people I've seen on tours don't typically take their shopping bags from previous purchases off the coach. It is a hassle to carry the bags if you intend to purchase more items. Moreover, some shops don't want you to bring bags in as it makes it easier to shoplift. Therefore, leaving them on the coach with the driver is better.

I realize it is a short trip from the swamp to the Club ship but certainly long enough to take tags off their items they just previously purchased. It doesn't seem they'd have to do it walking from the coaches to the ship.

If they were purchasing new shirts for their children, the kids would likely know which team's shirt they'd want ahead of time. I'd say, and it is my opinion, but based on just what I have seen, kids want what they want. Because of Fifa video games and television, they know, even in America, which team they prefer.

It was kind of you to get your friends a discount. I do mean this sincerely. Whilst my parents, both in their 70s are quite adept at ordering items over the internet, they too would not have been able to get the discount.

In the end, it is your story. I certainly can't disprove it. I wasn't there. I have disputed it because of what i was told are the facts but it is purely conjecture on my part.

Though I may not have expressed myself well calling it "bullshit" I certainly hold no ill will towards you.
I've seen a bus load of Americans turn up a few times, part of a tour, myth BUSTED.

I've seen a bus load of Americans turn up a few times, part of a tour, myth BUSTED.
I have n’all.

I heard one man moaning about being at the Etihad with a woman having a go back at him that the trip to the Etihad was part of the package and he knew that when he signed up to the trip.

If you’ve read my posts on here over the years you’ll already know I can’t fucking stand the ‘tourist support’ thing and football so you can imagine what I was like upon hearing that ****. Something like “stay on your fucking coach then” might have left my mouth as I was waking past.

I have a feeling that there is a package tour from America that takes in Old Trafford and the Etihad.

I remember hearing about United fans stood at Old Trafford on 6th February once, taking in a minute’s silence, when a bus load of Yanks turned up all shouting and laughing and taking pictures.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.