City’s New Kits

Long history of it throughout city kits, as you're right to point out. Pretty sure every decade since the fifties has had at least one. 1956, 1969, 1989 and 1996 are the most prominent/best examples. It even featured on at least five kits one way or another in the 2010s alone... People have incredibly short memories.

Not on the shirts though, apart from the Brother shirt we got relegated in 98 as far as I can remember.
I would’ve liked white trim only on the shirt with maroon/white trim on the socks.

Is the shirt on the rails and on sale in the City store?

Not on the shirts though, apart from the Brother shirt we got relegated in 98 as far as I can remember.
I would’ve liked white trim only on the shirt with maroon/white trim on the socks.
1956, 1969, 1989 and 1996 are all full shirts, and there was a couple of full shirts in the 2010s as well as more that were kit trim

Long history of it throughout city kits, as you're right to point out. Pretty sure every decade since the fifties has had at least one. 1956, 1969, 1989 and 1996 are the most prominent/best examples. It even featured on at least five kits one way or another in the 2010s alone... People have incredibly short memories.
They weren’t one-offs.

City’s away kit was maroon for decades in the 1930s 40s 50s and 60s. 1960 had a yellow and then 1969 saw red+black come in, with some sash kits of various colours in 1974. But before those we were always sky blue at home and if we ever needed to wear a change-kit, it was maroon.

1956, 1969, 1989 and 1996 are all full shirts, and there was a couple of full shirts in the 2010s as well as more that were kit trim

I’ve probably not seen your original post on the subject. I think your talking about maroon on any City kit through out the decades. I’m just talking about maroon on the home shirts.

I’ve probably not seen your original post on the subject. I think your talking about maroon on any City kit through out the decades. I’m just talking about maroon on the home shirts.
Yeah, that's right. Still establishes it as one of our colours and it screams City. The whole 2022/23 home kit screams City. Could wear that in any decade and not look out-of-place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.