City’s wasted talent

I was one of the biggest wasted talents. Never got past a trial as a keeper. Now, you may think who gives a shit - thats a long way from playing, but had I got a chance I would have been reaching first team level just at a similar time to when Martyn Margetson made it into the team..... I reckon I could time travel back to that Everton game in 93 at my age now and still do a better job

Tend to agree with this. Micah Richards was probably more of a naturally gifted player whilst Pablo was probably more about 'passion 'and 'heart'. Zabaleta (as you rightly point out) was certainly a very decent player though and was without doubt the best fullback in the Prem in 13/14.
Seem to remember Mancini saying something like Richards was 'like crystal'
implying he was quite fragile (ie: frequently injured).
Richards certainly had some very good moments at City but his career did pretty much come to a halt at quite a young age after leaving us. As you pointed out injuries played a big part on this.
Mancini used to describe Micah with an Italian phrase "Avere il braccetto” which translates as “short arm” - a sort of cross between a Big Jessie and a hypochondriac.

Wasted talent or just unfortunate not able to maintain the highest level or break through. It’s so competitive at premier league level :

Brandon barker
George Evans
Weiss
Ireland
Jovetic
Caicedo

I was one of the biggest wasted talents. Never got past a trial as a keeper. Now, you may think who gives a shit - thats a long way from playing, but had I got a chance I would have been reaching first team level just at a similar time to when Martyn Margetson made it into the team..... I reckon I could time travel back to that Everton game in 93 at my age now and still do a better job
Martyn Magetson, wasn't the best to ever 'pull on the gloves' for City was he?Actually saw him play a blinder in an FA Cup victory at Brentford one year though. Seem to remember he made several great saves.This was the exception rather than the rule though ( and the abundance of pubs near Brentfords old ground may have been a factor in my recollection)
Apparently he is now goalkeeping coach at Swansea, let's hope he coaches like he used to play when we go there in the Cup next week!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.