City 10 - 1 Huddersfield

Amigo

On the OS, the 'Rewind' feature including the 10 - 1 thumping over Huddersfield. A good watch, quite enjoyed it. Anyone there? Any memories?

Amigo said:
On the OS, the 'Rewind' feature including the 10 - 1 thumping over Huddersfield. A good watch, quite enjoyed it. Anyone there? Any memories?

I was in the Kippax that day ......

i think our old player Andy May scored Huddersfields goal that day , and he was livin' next door to my sister at the time in Hale Barns!

I went, but I so nearly didn't. Couldn't really be arsed for some reason, but my mate had a spare in the Main Stand so I went along with him. So glad I did, obviously.

I remember telling him at half time (when we were 4-0 up) that we definitely wouldn't score any goals in the second half as teams never do when they are that far ahead at the break!

I was there
Still got the video, you can see me sat on the wall at the bottom of the windy corner of the Kippax(im wearing a green and blue coat)
Plus it was on my birthday!! i was 12 that day
2nd best birthday present ever, just behind getting the Millennium Falcon in 1983!!

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
squirtyflower said:
was there with my dad
got in late, and those around us said we were being hammered in the first few minutes

Me too,(RIP dad).
It was actually more memorable that he bought the first round in the Clarence that day than the scoreline itself.
lol
i used my mum's ticket as she was too ill, she died a couple of months later (dad this season)

Malcolm Macdonald was interviewed after the game and managed to stifle his tears enough to blurt out "but.. but.. but we don't play the offside trap!" Piss funny.

Huddersfield missed 2 great chances in the first 20 minutes and then just fell apart after Neil McNab opened the scoring. I was in the North stand and got a great view of the last 6 goals. The highlights were on Granada and Huddersfield manager Malcolm Mcdonald's post match interview was comedy gold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.