City 10 Huddersfield 1

I was there - not many Huddersfield from what I remember. Best bit was watching Malcolm McDonald's interview on TV going on about why his defence decided to start playing offside when they had never before...

I was there.
But to be totally honest i dont really remember.
I would have been ten.
Funny i got called a glory hunter the other week.
I said ive only had a season ticket since i was 7

all down hill from there then!

I was only there because my son was born the week before. I had been due to work but had taken some holiday to help look after the baby (no paternity entitlement in those days) - my brother called round to see his first nephew and my missus told us both to clear off to the football and leave her in peace - so glad we did!

My most vivid memory of the day was drifting down the Kippax towards the exit with David White flying past us towards scoring the tenth - great moment.
Great story. I can still remember the buzz of anticipation as we chased no.10 .."We want 10,We want 10"..and David White beating offside trap,rounding the keeper at full pelt,and slidiing the ball home.i didnt know what to do but just look around and smile..it was surreal...my team had scored 10,in the second division,against a team playing in a hideous yellow and black chess-board strip,who had looked the better team for the first 15 min,who were captained by ex city youth player Andy May,and managed by former Arsenal legend (remember them?) Supermac..everybody was in shock,no mobile phones in thos days
You could just sense the look on peoples faces,ie how do i explain this? Did it really happen?
There had been no suuggestion at all in the prev matches that we were gonna run riot against the west yorkshire terriers..
Happy Days

I missed this one. I was away at poly so listened on various crackly radio stations on my clock radio, as used to be the case...

Yeah was in the Kippax for that one. As someone has already said, we could have been a couple down early doors. Pretty sure we lost at their place later in the season too? Typical City.

Only 19,500 witnessed that game,I was down in Cornwall working and remember seeing the 10 come up on the old teleprinter on the BBC.Also just days before I met a lovely young lady at an Halloween party,still together after 30 years.

Blimey I feel old !! 14 years old i was. Me and my mate Batesy both nearly missed it because we was at my sisters 18th the night before and was both spewing up in the morning. Luckily for us his dad gave us a lift, otherwise I think we'd have swerved it. Glad we didn't and were amongst the 19000 crowd. Nearly missed Whiteys 10th because I was bursting for a piss and jibbed down to the lovely kippax piss rivers.. got back to the top of the steps just as he ran on to the trough ball and put it in the North stand net. Happy days.

eyejay51, yes I also still have the goals on a vhs tape somewhere. If I remember it correctly Frank Worthington got asked at half time, is it possible that City could score10 goals today, his reply was no they wouldn't or something like that. how wrong was he. It would be nice if City could bring this game out on a disc for the game at home to Huddersfield. 3 city players scoring a hat-trick I don't think that has been done since. I was in the north stand along with my brother and sister to watch this game.

They had all of the Platt Lane stand and brought about a couple of hundred fans with them, and out played us until we scored the 1st goal by Neil Mcnab if memory serves me right.

Had got home from an overnight flight in the early hours, wasn't going to bother going, but mate called me and said, 'Soft lad, have just got you a pint in .... get to the pub' ... Glad I did ...

Yeah was in the Kippax for that one. As someone has already said, we could have been a couple down early doors. Pretty sure we lost at their place later in the season too? Typical City.
We not only lost to them at their place in the league but got drawn away to Leeds rd in the fa cup .fantastic day ,typical blood and thunder cup tie with all sorts happening a 2-2 draw,a last min equaliser by City (gidman freekick?) A huge City turnout on the open away terrace behind the goal and in the seats to the right,great atmosphere...replay at Maine rd 0-0, then ,back to Udders for 2nd replay,which we ran out 3nil winners again stood on the open ended terrace behind the goal but this time it pissed it down non stop all game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.