City 1993 - only just over a generation ago

Notice how malcolm kept referring to City as WE and then trying to correct himself with a THEY

I was born in 74 so hes before my (knowledgable) time on both his stints but always like how most blues forgave his utter disaster 2nd stint, as well as his go at being manager once mercer was pushed aside first time around
Interesting what you say here. I note Allison pointedly compared the millions put in by the fans (and spent by Swales) with nil put in by Swales himself.
There's no doubt of the link between the millions spent under Swales/Alison and Book, the decline of that excellent mid 70's team and the 1993 complete mess the club was in as shown by Swales being represented by a twat.

Pretty fucking shameless of the **** to cynically use the Bradford fire as an excuse for trying to silence the demo against Swales
The funny thing about the candle demo is about two or 3 candles were lit. The next thing is the tannoy blaring out a message requesting please do not light candles - cue hundreds of candles being lit!
Had they just left it no one would have bothered.
I remember the MEN that day having a quote from Maddock about someone working in a garage with a bit of petrol on their clothes, coming to the game in their work gear and going up in flames..... Can't believe he quoted it there again.

Came across this by chance. Of course this was in the midst of the Lee v Swales campaign.

Couple of observations.
1. John Maddock was a test. So far up Swales'sarse he might as well have been his taste buds
2. Big Mal always played to an audience but it strikes me with him and Franny that once you establish that bond with fans because of what you did on the pitch then it can't be broken (even if you do daft things)
3. A lot of suited and booted fans

Thanks for posting that, brought back some memories that did. A few observations from me:-

Maddock was despised by most City fans, when he was asked if he would still be at Maine Road in 12 months all you could hear was NO NO NO NO

The old Kippax must have been made out of burnable concrete cos candles were in danger of burning it down according to Maddock. Were we doing candles before the fucking dippers? I had forgotten that

Was that a youngish Tommy Muir in a suit?

Malcolm was a star. When told that Peter Swales loved City, his response of I don’t know about love but he’s lived out of it for 20 years was a classic. I can’t remember Mal ever slagging the City fans

I bet Brian Horton wishes he could turn the clock back, “of course we’ve got money to spend, I just paid £1.6m for Alan fucking Kernaghan (I added the fucking in) FFS Brian I had always remembered you fondly

Thanks for posting that, brought back some memories that did. A few observations from me:-

Maddock was despised by most City fans, when he was asked if he would still be at Maine Road in 12 months all you could hear was NO NO NO NO

The old Kippax must have been made out of burnable concrete cos candles were in danger of burning it down according to Maddock. Were we doing candles before the fucking dippers? I had forgotten that

Malcolm was a star. When told that Peter Swales loved City, his response of I don’t know about love but he’s lived out of it for 20 years was a classic. I can’t remember Mal ever slagging the City fans

I bet Brian Horton wishes he could turn the clock back, “of course we’ve got money to spend, I just paid £1.6m for Alan fucking Kernaghan (I added the fucking in) FFS Brian I had always remembered you fondly
Kernaghan was a terrible, disastrous signing. Absolutely atrocious and weak as a kitten’s fart.

Yes it is Tommy Muir

As much as I couldn't stand Swales, IMHO John Maddock was far and away the biggest **** to ever be associated with our football club and if I lived for the next thousand years I very much doubt anyone will surpass him for that accolade.

I'll never forget the press conference in the wake of Peter Reid's sacking and when a journalist politely asked the despicable twat what football credentials he had, Maddock's reply went along the lines of:

"I'll have you know that when Ron Atkinson got the manager's job at Old Trafford, the talks were held at MY house". Errrr, ok John.

Of course, the other rather amusing aspect of Maddock's short-lived employment was that many City fans got him confused with poor old John Maddocks - City's official historian at the time - so at that infamous Friday night home game against Coventry (the one where Brian Horton was announced as our manager the same night), when the Kippax started singing "Singing die die Maddock, fucking die....", half the fans instead sang Maddocks instead of Maddock!
I’ve not read the whole thing, I gave you a like after reading the first sentence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.