City 3 - 1 Barcelona - Post match thread :-)

Wtf are you on about? I always praise my team when it's deserved. When we play bad I will state it. That's what objective fans do

Where did I say we didn't beat them fair and square? We were clearly the better team and dominated in the 2nd half and could of got more than 3

Would you say the mistakes we have made at the back this season can be put down to just pressure then? Let's not act like mistakes at the back aren't unavoidable. Barca lacked leadership and experience at the back and we took advantage

Saying Barca are worse off without pique and iniesta isn't downplaying us winning. They look a different team without them.

I think we still win even if they were there as we played amazing football but dismissing their impact is foolish. And questioning my loyalties is wrong.

Yep they were missing 3 players so why did Luis Enrique its the best he has seen him play in that first half? Also why didnt they play that well in second half? Instead of looking at why Barcelona lost look at how City outplayed them put them under extreme pressure! The excuse of them missing 3 players is bullshit they have the best player ever lived and 2 world class players.

Yep they were missing 3 players so why did Luis Enrique its the best he has seen him play in that first half? Also why didnt they play that well in second half? Instead of looking at why Barcelona lost look at how City outplayed them put them under extreme pressure! The excuse of them missing 3 players is bullshit they have the best player ever lived and 2 world class players.
I don't think Barca were that great in the first half either but I think that was more down to city than them.

I didn't say them being without those two was why they lost. They lost because we played amazing football. As I said I still think we win with them there.

Barca haven't looked near their best this season in general. In fact I don't think most of the elite have.

I think we showed on Wednesday we can compete and even win this comp if all falls into place

Sergio nicking the ball off messi was my fav bit,he was back helping out,i bet pep was very happy about that

You're talking about the beginning of the play leading to the 3rd goal? If so you can bet your whole fortune, you'll win it (lol)...

But he was participating throughout the match. Started lacking energy around 70', and personally I was hoping that he would actually stop, just position himself in front of their DCs (making sure that 2 of their players won't advance), keep himself as sharp as possible for a counter attack, last for the remaining minutes. As there was no way Guardiola would take him out. But he kept on chasing, like the rest...

The whole team was truly remarkable, work rate was fantastic. All players inspired their teammates with their effort and vice versa. Literally everybody appearing on the pitch, even Nolito for like 2+3 minutes, deserves congratulations...

I don't think Barca were that great in the first half either but I think that was more down to city than them.

I didn't say them being without those two was why they lost. They lost because we played amazing football. As I said I still think we win with them there.

Barca haven't looked near their best this season in general. In fact I don't think most of the elite have.

I think we showed on Wednesday we can compete and even win this comp if all falls into place
Aaaahhh that's why we won

You're talking about the beginning of the play leading to the 3rd goal? If so you can bet your whole fortune, you'll win it (lol)...

But he was participating throughout the match. Started lacking energy around 70', and personally I was hoping that he would actually stop, just position himself in front of their DCs (making sure that 2 of their players won't advance), keep himself as sharp as possible for a counter attack, last for the remaining minutes. As there was no way Guardiola would take him out. But he kept on chasing, like the rest...

The whole team was truly remarkable, work rate was fantastic. All players inspired their teammates with their effort and vice versa. Literally everybody appearing on the pitch, even Nolito for like 2+3 minutes, deserves congratulations...
For everyone's benefit @Nelinho, what does DC stand for?

For everyone's benefit @Nelinho, what does DC stand for?

Oh my God, I'm sorry. Used to play CM in my youth, lol.

DC = Defender / Centre
DL = Defender / Left
DR = Defender / Right
DMC = Defensive Midfielder / Centre
MC = Midfielder / Centre
MR = Midfielder / Right, AMR = Attacking Midfielder / Right
ML = Midfielder / Left, AML = Attacking Midfielder / Left
FC = Forward / Centre
SC = Striker

So I meant that he would prevent their central defenders, Macherano - Umtiti, from coming forward.

Thanks Eli, I apologise...

Setting aside club rivalries, a number of my colleagues (including United and Liverpool fans) said this was the best game of football they have seen in the last five years.

Setting aside club rivalries, a number of my colleagues (including United and Liverpool fans) said this was the best game of football they have seen in the last five years.
I think many were impressed

Even the trolls on BT sport

I was ready to quote on two members posting after mine, rather angry on this media game. Quite understandable. But since you give me the opportunity:

It’s one thing what somebody says publically, a completely different story what he actually believes. Have no doubt (I mean that) that the whole football universe was impressed on Tuesday night, only morons or fanatics won’t appreciate such a performance. From a team with a history of just 3, repeat THREE, months working on new ideas, a completely new philosophy. A team that conceded 4 goals in Camp Nous 2 weeks ago, whatever that means in terms of moral and confidence. A team coming from behind, a team robbed of a clear penalty at 0-0 which would have led to a different match (and there was another incident during 2nd half but anyway). And a club with practically zero tradition in European football…

I will repeat that Enrique and his players never knew what hit them in the 2nd half, they clearly didn’t expect anything like that, were caught by surprise. It’s difficult to avoid complacency and arrogance while playing for Barca, with all that proven team quality. I mean you feel invincible, also taking into account the “friendly” refs etc. They entered the pitch with the wrong mindset, football history teaches us when that happens it’s hard to adapt in the process. In fact, they could have easily conceded much more goals (personally I was angry with that corner situation on 92’, the match was over, City could have gone for 4th; and came close seconds afterwards but Sergio was exhausted, he failed to shoot; I think Pep didn’t realise there was just 1 minute left, the moment he gave the instruction, Arteta informed him). Which means the mental approach probably cost them [As it did a month ago when they conceded 4 goals in the Balaidos against Celta. By the way, it’s very interesting THE WAY they conceded there. Access in information is rather easy these days, you don’t even have to send a scout. Have no doubt that our staff were aware of this match (watch the highlights, please, and you’ll understand what I mean)]. They were not alert, rather ignorant of the danger. That I can understand, but pointing out on the players they missed? Jesus, I mean Umtiti, Digne, Gomez, Arda, Denis Suarez etc, are all considered first team options. That is not my opinion, that is what THEY believe, in Barcelona…

However: I choose to follow the manager’s approach. After the match he refused to make a deal out of the penalty incident, yesterday he emphasized on our weak 1st half (which I also mentioned in my post). The message is, we won, it’s over, we still have a lot of work to do, we’re not even close to our destination. So that the team remains humble and focused on progressing…

PS. Let's hope everything turns out fine tonight. Dropping points vs Boro would be suicidal, can't even imagine it. Just that the team had only 4 days to recover from that HUGE effort -and our rotation options regarding certain positions are limited. Direct rivals do not face similar situations, do they, with their big, fat squads. But I don't want to open my mouth again on this, at least today, if I do I'll probably get banned. Let's stay positive and hope the team responds. As it has done so far. Good luck to Pep and his players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.