City 7th most popular club in World

Your jokes were great it seems City have a lot of snowflake supporters who can't see the funny side

I don't know about all that. I'm just excited for a rare opportunity to see the boys live tonight. Or at least a few. It's a good day.

City were always a big MASSIVE club. Maine Rd was for a time one of the best grounds in the country but from the 80s we were in decline. If you went abroad and said you were from Manchester, you might be told 'oh you support Man Utd'. That type of thing was annoying, but it did not stop us supporting City. We didn't and don't support City because we are a massive club. We chose them as a kid for all kinds of daft reasons and then that's it for life, but the fact that City's popularity has grown worldwide is a measure of our success as a football club. People talk about our team the world over. They admire the way we play football. Some hate us too. Does it matter to me or you? It doesn't affect why we support the club, but it means we are healthy, and it impacts indirectly on City's success because it's measures such as these which sponsors and broadcasters use to select clubs. It also has a small effect on our crowds. Every game now I see visitors to City. Some fans don't like that. I do. I like the fact that there are people in all parts of the world supporting City.

You might like this video from Ian Cheeseman out in the USA. If you watch it you will see these fans are just like us.

'Who is the bigger club?' is something that people forever argue about. Are Newcastle bigger than Everton? Are City bigger than Juve?

This type of information isn't definitive imo but it helps you answer questions like that.

it would be interesting to plot the growth of City's social media presence with time and measure it against time, and to see how it compares to other clubs but you would have to be careful about interpreting the data because social media has grown in popularity so some growth is down not to the club but the growth and penetration of the Internet worldwide. A comparison to other clubs though would be easy.

This data does not say that there are 1 City fan for every 3 Utd fan but it does suggest that the ratio is about that.

Another HUGE impact of this data: Media coverage. At the moment papers and media glorify Man Utd and cover them in great detail. This is because they think they are the most popular club in the world. This is what will change that perception. They are popular, but only roughly 3 x as City. If you were to analyse media coverage (the number of articles covering a particular club in the tabloids per season) I suggest it would be a lot more than 3 to 1.

This data is what will change Media coverage and Media bias (papers and commercial organisations praise popular clubs, and criticise unpopular clubs.) This may not matter to some fans, but they are recurrent themes on Bluemoon. It annoys me for a start when I go online and the football web-site is carrying all kinds of Man Utd trivia instead of carrying news about City's tour in the USA, or football news in general.
Fixed that for you.

Wouldnt mind he was posting the other day he's doing asto physics or something, don't hold out much hope if his exam has calculations in it :)
Nah he's doing his doctorate now, it's all about how much shite he can spout. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.