City accused of being “disrespectful” by Chinese media

"disrespectful"......says the people who eat dogs...
source.gif

Haha. Some shitty reporting in some obscure Chinese press about a couple of days playing friendlies in China gives our shitty rags the chance to label us greedy, arrogant in their headlines. Funny I've seen pictures of the players meeting fans. The trip was shortened by a couple of days meaning perhaps some PR type things didn't get done. We only go for the money, eh? Blimey.

The times I had to visit China ,not through choice I found it disrespectful that both sexes openly and loudly spat in the streets.

I know nothing about chinese media and I have not read the original article. However, we should remember that there are always wheels within wheels in China. Every major business has political minders and the media are subject to vice like control. This is just propaganda, the price we pay for Chinese involvement..
We can't sack off these tours, so much of our sponsorship money is dependent on doing them and the world wide nature of CFG. Would Puma give us £60m if we played pre season against Bury and Oldham? Those days are gone. Yes, we are a football club but we are also a money making machine. Sheik Mansour put a lot of cash our way and his return is not income but capital gain. Maybe he, and others in AD are after influence as well, but that hasn't gone too well, given all the negatives here, in New York and elsewhere.
nailed it.

The outlet, Xinhua, is the official state government mouthpiece. We probably didn't give them exclusive access or some sort of bonus media time (and they're definitely used to special access) so the reporter wrote a hit piece. Doubt it really matters either way.

Hopefully it means we don't have to go back anytime soon. In my biased opinion we should do all these tours in the US anyway.
like the US tour idea. living on the west coast of Canada a US Tour was the only chance I've had to see City so far. they played the Galaxy in L.A.
The infamous Balotelli break away spin-o-rama game debackle that he missed and Mancini took him right off and went mental. priceless

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.