City accused of being “disrespectful” by Chinese media

Reminds me of that story when we visited Vietnam when some prick tore up his tickets because the players wouldn't acknowledge them when he was harassing them in their hotel. They're desperate to find any negative story about us.

I remember that story. My favourite though was a Daily Fail expose about our "pampered brats" on a pre-season tour of Austria, when we apparently insisted on the players having hand made mattresses flown in from Italy and demanded that a local monastery turn off its 1000 year old bells so our players could sleep. Pathetic all of it

Brandon C.
@modernleifeng
sports fan & writer from Chicago based in Beijing // Editor at Wild East Football //

Just listened to this guy on Hawksbee & Jacobs. He said basically that it was one journalist that was put out that he didn't get sufficient access. It's not a big deal over there & most fans were happy. Said that City did the same as all other clubs that visit & also said that in China the levels of security are just way over the top & don’t allow for any spontaneous interaction between players & fans, security is so high for all visiting clubs that it is hard for fans to get to meet the players.

What I haven't seen mentioned anywhere that's reported the story that appeared in the Chinese media is that we arrived in China two days later than originally planned for reasons entirely beyond our control, which is highly likely to have had an impact on our plans to get out there to meet the community. Rather important context.

Anyway, the guy who wrote the piece would seem to be this guy: https://www.projects-abroad.kr/volunteer-stories/?content=jonathan-dixon/. Doesn't come across as what I'd call a heavyweight contributor, but there we go.

Yeah
On Hawkesbee & Jacobs show on talkshite earlier they had an American journalist on based in China basically saying it’s a load of bollocks, they quickly moved onto another story.
I heard it, not big news when city ain't getting slagged off so they move on as that twat Jim wankface did on his bollox of a morning show...

I imagine the usual journos, who lurk on BM for stories and feedback, will read all of these valid teardowns and say to themselves:

"Look they're weaponised see... just as we've been saying"
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.