City and the freemasons

There's no deliberate plot or anything. It wasn't like MUFC taking football club off their badge. City - The FC looked clumsy on versions they showed me they'd tried and football club caused the whole name to go smaller and lose its impact. Fans said they wanted the 2 key words Manchester and City to be prominent and that's what they've done. City are still very much Manchester City Football Club as the tins they sent out with the season cards proved. Funnily enough the words Football Club have never appeared on a City badge and even Manchester City wasn't on the eagle badge. Cheers

Didn't realize football club had never been on any of our badges, i have to say i really like the new badge. Thanks for taking time out to answer my questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't realize football club had never been on any of our badges, i have to say i really like the new badge. Thanks for taking time out to answer my questions.
I heard a fan (think it wasn't actually a City fan and was part of a wider campaign of 'making City fans look negative' by opposition fans) who was irate about the badge on a phone call to radio. He said 'they've removed football club from the badge and turned us into a joke club' - if it was a City fan he/she had completely over reacted, but I tend to think he/she wasn't a Blue. Some people like to get incorrect messages out there sometimes to stir rival fans into a frenzy. Cheers

The mystery of the Masons continues.

This secret society, with it's strange handshakes and knowing winks.

I've been to a few Masons' do's' over the years, and found them a bit ritualistic, but the people I have met have been pleasant enough and just small business people thinking their life is comfortable.

None of them have told me the queen is a lizard, but they do raise a lot of money for charity, in their opinion.

I don't think some bloke with half a dozen lorries and a Volvo in the drive really has the clout to influence the world, but that said, every person I spoke to, without trying to be too intrusive, was not that forthcoming, which I suppose just prolongs the mystery.

A good friend of mine is a Mason, and all I get from him when I ask what it is about is 'Well, we raise money for charity'.

So that's it then, they raise money for charity. Apparently.

The mystery of the Masons continues.

This secret society, with it's strange handshakes and knowing winks.

I've been to a few Masons' do's' over the years, and found them a bit ritualistic, but the people I have met have been pleasant enough and just small business people thinking their life is comfortable.

None of them have told me the queen is a lizard, but they do raise a lot of money for charity, in their opinion.

I don't think some bloke with half a dozen lorries and a Volvo in the drive really has the clout to influence the world, but that said, every person I spoke to, without trying to be too intrusive, was not that forthcoming, which I suppose just prolongs the mystery.

A good friend of mine is a Mason, and all I get from him when I ask what it is about is 'Well, we raise money for charity'.

So that's it then, they raise money for charity. Apparently.
Jimmy Savile raised a lot of money for charity too!

City in the late 1960s early 1970s: Chairman Albert Alexander junr (Freemason) Manager Joe Mercer (Freemason) captain Tony Book (Freemason)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.