City ask for hearing with PGMOL over 9 tackles

What it needs is an ex ref to look at the 9 incidents and say if they were straight reds.
They are quick enough to do it on other incidents.show the current refs up

Had to laugh at their descriptions of the incidents....

Puncheon on De Bruyne.....De Bruyme finished the game!

Yeah! Finished the game on a stretcher being carried off!

What a fucking load of bollocks that article
Is.

Simon Stone - he’s just a United fan on the BBC payroll who spends his whole time sucking up to the scum at licence payers expense.

Its a real tough question this. Firstly if retrospective bans were used not sure of the benefit to the fouled team. If someone like Sane gets injured a player being bans for 3 matches against say Chelsea, United our rivals is hardly a compensation. That lends itself to VAR for me, if the correct decision is not given, reviewed upstairs and a signal given to the ref to send the offender off. Next time the ball out of play he goes.

The refs need help it is quite simple. I watch matches all the time on tv and it is only when the slo-mos are shown you fully realise the height of the challenge/lateness of the tackle/studs showing etc. In the majority of cases I doubt the ref fully realises the severity.

Also as much as we blame the refs when do the players take some responsibility? Not just fouls, diving, exaggerating contact, shirt pulling etc. Easy to blame the refs and avoid the more difficult issues of commentating on managers and players who are the real culprits.

Yep. Even at uni level, when one of the better players on our team got smacked, the perpetrator would be running scared of me and 2 of the other lads for the rest of the game.

I was thinking off the pitch as much as on it. The lad Bennett should be nervously looking over his shoulder when he's out and about. Likewise the rest of them. Word will soon get around.

that were only 7th most fouled team says it all the bent bastards only give us free kicks after attempted murder

Discussing with the referees the issue of serious foul play and how it is handled both at the time, and retrospectively is only responding to events. Had to be done though City don't make the rules so we can only see what if anything transpires

It’s time we dealt with this issue. We should be complaining about 10. I’d add Bournmouth’s Daniels on Gabby Jesus. Gabby was sent flying by that one. Was he given just a yellow?
I’d fully support re-visiting yellows and
unpunished dangerous fouls.

Its a real tough question this. Firstly if retrospective bans were used not sure of the benefit to the fouled team. If someone like Sane gets injured a player being bans for 3 matches against say Chelsea, United our rivals is hardly a compensation. That lends itself to VAR for me, if the correct decision is not given, reviewed upstairs and a signal given to the ref to send the offender off. Next time the ball out of play he goes.

The refs need help it is quite simple. I watch matches all the time on tv and it is only when the slo-mos are shown you fully realise the height of the challenge/lateness of the tackle/studs showing etc. In the majority of cases I doubt the ref fully realises the severity.

Also as much as we blame the refs when do the players take some responsibility? Not just fouls, diving, exaggerating contact, shirt pulling etc. Easy to blame the refs and avoid the more difficult issues of commentating on managers and players who are the real culprits.
I agree with what you’re saying but I think they hope it would act as a deterrent to committing the fouls in the first place - unless you’re Troy Deeney and you fancy Christmas and New Year off...

Yes 100% VAR. I’m not sure anyone thought the Bennett one was a straight red at the time. Looked a yellow in real time on TV from the camera angle. It was only the closer view from a different angle showed how bad it was. As for the others e.g. Matt Phillips that was a clear as day red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.