City autobiographies

The Pink Panther

I've read Bert Trautmann's (bit dull), Mike Doyle's (the guy was an arsehole but at least he admits it), Joe Corrigan's (again dull) and at the moment three chapters into Buzzers which already is miles better than all the others.
Apart from Colin the King are there any recommendations?

Niall Quinns is quite good, plenty of insite into Adams' and Merson's addictions.

Burt's a bit dull?

I thought it was the best I've read by a mile.

Agree Joe's was dull and the Goats was ok but not indepth enough.

joe mercers was a very intresting read ,, i agree with you about mike doyle ..this guy was a hero to me when i was young ,but after reading his book he just came across as a complete w*****.

Talking of books got Ian Cheeseman's new book last week best job in the world good so far, looking forward to Gary James's new book think it's out in october ?

NQT said:
I've read Bert Trautmann's (bit dull), Mike Doyle's (the guy was an arsehole but at least he admits it), Joe Corrigan's (again dull) and at the moment three chapters into Buzzers which already is miles better than all the others.
Apart from Colin the King are there any recommendations?

Do you mean "Steppes to Wembley" which was published in the 50s or Alan Rowlands excellent biog which has recently been updated I believe, definitely not dull IMO.

There was a good biog of Billy Meredith by John Harding published in the 1980s - titled "Football Wizard" - I thought it would be out of print now but just found it on Amazon in hardback only - strange as my 80s copy is a paperback. Worth reading if you're interested in the early years of the club.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Wizard-Meredith-Manchesters-Superstar/dp/1861051379" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Wizard ... 1861051379</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.