City - big club or not ?

BlueMooner87

And so fucking what....

I dont know if this has been covered before but I dont get the obsession of being a "Big Club", what exactly does it mean? Having a large number of supporters from over seas and selling out every game? That seems to be only real things I can see it meaning.

We're a local club with a growing amount of foreign supporters which will grow more and more, we dont sell out every game because it takes several generations of success for more and more kids to support you and then be able to sell out bigger grounds, I don't really care about it, all I care about is us being successful. I dont get the "small club" trope, its the first thing anyone says about us, I'd much sooner be a small club who is successful rather than a "Big Club" struggling. Then there is the argument that when clubs are talked about as being "big" when they have won the European Cup, such as Nottingham, Villa, I certainly wouldn't want to swap positions with any of them.

Maybe in a couple of decades we will be deemed a "Big club" by other fans but if not, who gives a shit, I'm incredibly proud of our club and our achievements either way!

Last edited:
And so fucking what....

I dont know if this has been covered before but I dont get the obsession of being a "Big Club", what exactly does it mean? Having a large number of supporters from over seas and selling out every game? That seems to be only real things I can see it meaning.

We're a local club with a growing amount of foreign supporters which will grow more and more, we dont sell out every game because it takes several generations of success for more and more kids to support you and then be able to sell out bigger grounds, I don't really care about it, all I care about is us being successful. I dont get the "small club" trope, its the first thing anyone says about us, I'd much sooner be a small club who is successful rather than a "Big Club" struggling. Then there is the argument that when clubs are talked about as being "big" when they have won the European Cup, such as Nottingham, Leeds, Villa, I certainly wouldn't want to swap positions with any of them.

Maybe in a couple of decades we will be deemed a "Big club" by other fans but if not, who gives a shit, I'm incredibly proud of our club and our achievements either way!
Phil Foden has won more major trophies than Leeds Utd, if you’re gonna post pointless nonesense threads at least get your facts right

The idea of a "big club" is debated on Twitter by 15 year old fuckwits and isn't worth arguing.

There is no objective measure as to what a big club is.

We have a massive stadium, a high percentage average attendance, we've won 4 of the last 5 Premier Leagues, we have the most well known manager in the sport, and one of the 2 absolute hottest commodities in the sport is officially joining us on 1st July.

Look at stuff like that and judge for yourself. Some of us focus far too much on the opinions of other fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.