City circle / name disks

HolisticJim

Afternoon,

So after all the hassle and multiple year wait we finally got the disks in a ceremony last year.
It was quiet well done and me and my dad enjoyed it.

Not been to a day match for a while as we both tend to work weekend but managed to get down to the Stoke match yesterday.
We went over to see my dads disk in day light and without all the rushing we had at the original ceremony.

What a total mess.

Has anyone else seen theirs?

These were supposed to last for 'generations' and for me to show my kids when there old - my dads grandkids.
They were supposed to be special but to say I was upset that my dads disk is now scratched so badly that, not just his, a fair few of them I struggled to read.
Some of them have been ripped up and aren't even there anymore. They simply look a total and utter mess after only a few months.

Give it 12 months and the whole thing will need re-doing.

Gutted.

Afternoon,

So after all the hassle and multiple year wait we finally got the disks in a ceremony last year.
It was quiet well done and me and my dad enjoyed it.

Not been to a day match for a while as we both tend to work weekend but managed to get down to the Stoke match yesterday.
We went over to see my dads disk in day light and without all the rushing we had at the original ceremony.

What a total mess.

Has anyone else seen theirs?

These were supposed to last for 'generations' and for me to show my kids when there old - my dads grandkids.
They were supposed to be special but to say I was upset that my dads disk is now scratched so badly that, not just his, a fair few of them I struggled to read.
Some of them have been ripped up and aren't even there anymore. They simply look a total and utter mess after only a few months.

Give it 12 months and the whole thing will need re-doing.

Gutted.

Agree, some are damaged. however, I am sure the club are aware of this and will address the problem. I've got 4 and fortunately they are all ok but not sure how long they'll stay that way. It wont cost the club much to replace them and I'll be bringing it to their attention when required - have you contacted the club and let them know how you feel

The club should redo the current ones to something other than what can be nicked or vandalised, and reopen the project so we could properly do it with a bigger reception and cheaper. The biggest mistake was moving it from within the tiers, which was the original plan, to trying to circle round the stadium, to now being a circular missable part of the Etihad.

The idea was to be able to see it from a drone or heli camera. Shame that this project fizzled into almost nothing.

Agree, some are damaged. however, I am sure the club are aware of this and will address the problem. I've got 4 and fortunately they are all ok but not sure how long they'll stay that way. It wont cost the club much to replace them and I'll be bringing it to their attention when required - have you contacted the club and let them know how you feel

I've not contacted them yet but I took some photos of mine and a couple of others.
I will email them thou.
I just think if that damage is done so quickly from simply walking on them then are they going to continuously replace/repair them?
Then need to put something over them or manufacture them from a material that is not going to - not just scratch but in some cases have deep scores in them making them damned ugly....and the whole memorial ugly as a whole.

It just looks gash now.

I walk round them these days as I feel guilty walking on them. They need to scrap it and start again with something wall mounted.

Not been to look at mine since very early in the season. They didn't look too cleaver then.

I'll have a nosey before the Real or Tarquin game. Sadly I'd almost forgotten about it since the presentation.

they are scratched to buggery but what is clear is that the local scrotes are clearly having a go at chipping them out

I got two. Only found one when l saw it for first time last Xmas. Didn't contacted club yet as l might have overlooked so will check it again Tuesday when I'm over again.
When l saw it l was disappointed. Few disc unreadable, scratched and all together a sad sight. Totally not the original idea when project was announced. Not sure if second disc again can't be found I'm too bothered reporting it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.