City demand £8m for Onuoha

Project said:
I dont recall him being injured much for us over the past 18 months.
Had one long injury spell. Otherwise he was pretty healthy. Just didn't make the team once the money buys started coming in.

I hope e has gotten better, but at City he generally struck me as being too tentative and unsure of what to do with the ball. Kinda like Micha is now. But had one great game in which he scored a brace for City towards the end of the season.

Anyway still think Zaba is the best FB we have. And thus I am dissapointed with the FB purchases of the Summer. Didn't like the Kolarov purchase. Tot Boateng was bought to be a CD, then saw him play fantastically for germany at FB, and tot hmmm, we might have a winner here. But haven't been impressed with his play. Slighly more technical than Micha but not as aggressive defensively or offensively yet. Apparently he has loads of FB offensive skills. Still waiting to see it. Same with Kolarov on the left.

Sadly not having proper attacking fulbacks is killing Mancini's Strategy.

In my opinion I believe Mancini want to play a Daimond 4 in the middle with the 2 FB providing width and 2 out and out strikers. I.e.

;..........Luiz/Kolo......Vinny.................
RB.................................................LB
......................De Jong......................
............Yaya...............Barry..............
......................Silva...........................
............Tevez.......Balotelli/Dzeko.....

But unfortunately the FB's have to provide the width and decent crosses. So long as our FB's keep under-performing offensively, we will be hard pressed to beat teams who come to defend with 8 men behind the ball.
This is why interest in Dani Alvez is still high, even though I hope we don't get him... No my cup of tea. And Mancini continues to hope Kolarov comes good.

Seems a fair valuation tbh.
Don't think Sunderland will be prepared to spend that much on a defender.

I would rather see him back with us to give us cover for Toure who is getting on a bit and Boateng who seems to be made of glass.

How long does he have left on his contact with us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.