City EDS v RB Leipzig: 3pm, live today on City+/TNT Sports 1(UEFA Youth League) match thread.

Kinkladze's crazy skills

Wythenshawe, was Moss_side+Fallowfield+Gorton+more
Team supported
Manchester City
For those not attending but wondering... it's also on UEFA.tv for those with neither channels, if you're using UEFA website you'll need to have an account/create one and login before watching.

The above link should bring you directly to the game at match time if not it should be an easy find, also not sure if this will be timezone/country restricted for those outside UK/Europe.

I wonder if the lads from the U17 World Cup are back now? Will give us a boost if some of them are available. Top of the table, much like the first team tonight, it's about getting a result which can help us win the group. The rags look unlikely to qualify whilst Arsenal and Newcastle are bottom of their groups.

I wonder if the lads from the U17 World Cup are back now? Will give us a boost if some of them are available. Top of the table, much like the first team tonight, it's about getting a result which can help us win the group. The rags look unlikely to qualify whilst Arsenal and Newcastle are bottom of their groups.
It's a strange one, isn't it? All the FA youth sides doing pretty well relatively speaking but the clubs aren't. Not sure what that says unless these 3 have more foreign lads? Curious.

It's a strange one, isn't it? All the FA youth sides doing pretty well relatively speaking but the clubs aren't. Not sure what that says unless these 3 have more foreign lads? Curious.

With City, our EDS is a very young side this year and is struggling in the PL2 as a result. Our U18 team is in the top 3, but not top, as that's a young team as well. We loaned/sold a lot of players in the summer so a lot are getting exposure to games against older opposition which is a real test. The Youth League is a different age group that suits City I think. You have to be born after 1st Jan 2005 to qualify, so a lot in our EDS are eligible and there's perhaps more harmony to the side than at the other English clubs who possibly have to throw a lot of youth players in to put a team out.

The FA Youth sides are generally doing okay - although the U17s lost to Uzbekistan so let's not dwell on that! Ndala was a level above the majority of others in that side.

UEFA website has squad lists and it appears Samuel, Ndala, and obovwadoa are all listed as involved tonight. Few new names not previously involved also shown so I assume it is specific to tonight rather than a generic list

UEFA website has squad lists and it appears Samuel, Ndala, and obovwadoa are all listed as involved tonight. Few new names not previously involved also shown so I assume it is specific to tonight rather than a generic list

I can't see Hendersson-Hall listed, despite him playing the last two. He's only 16 so no surprise he's made way with Oboavwoduo and Ndala back. Samuel back as well.

Dickson's not listed despite playing in previous games. He's older than the cut-off date I put down, but I probably didn't read far enough to see you're allowed a couple of older players as exceptions.

I do love the UEFA Youth League. A great experience for the kids - some of the atmosphere's abroad are insane too. Refereeing is usually shite, so they get accustomed to that. I still remember Sane playing against us for Schalke a fair few years ago, he looked a pretty good player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.