City enter partnership with Sporting CP (Lisbon)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BlueDejong, 10 May 2019.

1. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    As well as the next Falcao, Deco, Carvalho, Telles, Otamendi, James, Christian Rodriguez etc etc. Plus the community work they do is fantastic and I'd love to see City linked with it.

2. pudge

pudge

The bulk of Portuguese league talent, especially Porto's, stems more from their lack of red tape.

By all accounts Sporting focus more on their own, academy wise, which makes sense for us.

3. aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    I'd say the lack of red tape makes sense for us tbh. Under current circumstances and possibly in the future we can nick the homegrown talent from Sporting, but we can't get the work permits for the lads from Porto.

4. pudge

pudge

But those third party ownership and work permit regulations, or lack of, apply to the league.

Pair that possibility with Sporting's approach to their academy and it appears the more "holistic" option still with those potential 'loopholes' as options.

5. aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    The TPO stuff is outlawed worldwide now, hence Benfica and Porto's decline.

wahablue likes this.
  6. pudge

pudge

Ah, I knew that was a big reason for South American talent going to the league but wasn't aware it had been outlawed to that extent now.

7. aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    FIFA have banned it outright, we're in the transition period now where the existing arrangements are getting phased out but it should lower the initial investment in South American and African players just leaving the work permit issues and putting a cash fund like ours behind a Portuguese team could have major benefits.

8. billymumphrey

billymumphrey

Having thought about this, I wonder whether the partnership, only 1%, may be related to the whole football leaks issue. From my understanding Sporting were one of the major clubs targeted through the hacks. Maybe its an enemy of enemy is my friend approach...

9. Chi-town blues

Chi-town blues

Whatever.. show me Felix now .

10. Zubrman

Zubrman

[​IMG]

Chi-town blues likes this.