City fan, 63, attacked by Brugge fans | Invited to Etihad by club (p 27)

Really hope he pulls through, as others have stated the MSM have a big part to play in the hatred they’ve incited against us over recent years. Whilst the club has been very good at defending themselves in the courts, they’ve left the media to have an open season on City and us the fans. I used to go to pretty much all away games, these days it’s a rarity but I wouldn’t feel overly comfortable parading the clubs colours outside of away grounds, especially against the red mobs.
I find that most places are fine in that respect, especially OT where their fan base is essentially erstwhile opera goers and adults who got bullied at school.

what is so completely heartbreaking about this is just imagining how much joy it must have brought him getting to watch his team play in his country. it’s not often we play in brugge so can imagine how much he was looking forward to it. and now the guy is fighting for his life on what should’ve been a night that ended with happiness.

disgusting and abhorrent behaviour. sending well wishes to him and his family.
Thing is if he’d been wearing a City scarf on a non match day walking around the city no one would have batted an eyelid.

what is so completely heartbreaking about this is just imagining how much joy it must have brought him getting to watch his team play in his country. it’s not often we play in brugge so can imagine how much he was looking forward to it. and now the guy is fighting for his life on what should’ve been a night that ended with happiness.

disgusting and abhorrent behaviour. sending well wishes to him and his family.
This is the post I wanted to write. Thanks for doing so cbl. Guido must have left the ground so proud and happy to make his way home to celebrate. He’s seen us at our best, seen the great KDB, no doubt loved talking to fellow blues at the ground, picking up some petrol and on way home to really drink it all in.
Then shithouse sub humans struck, took away the memory of what must have been a great day and, God I hope he’s not too badly injured. They’ve been arrested, now they need severe punishment. I don’t know how Belgian law works but I don’t care if it’s a first offence, I don’t care if there was a bystander among them, they should all be put away for a long time.
I’m so sorry for Guido and feel so sad. Perhaps because I, like others, have been in a similar situation through no fault of our own but got away with it.
I’m angry too, not just at the Brugge bastards, but the whole Ultra movement and especially to the posters and threads that pop up on here glorifying the hooligan era. Fine, you can wallow in your own warped nostalgia “we fucking did Leeds at Maine Rd”, “remember how we took Stoke?”, or on a lot of post match threads “was there any trouble?” “Did you see it kick off?” but why inflict it on the rest of us when that exact same attitude has ended up with this tragedy.
Please also spare us the “Bruges are going to get a kicking” which has already been intimated in this thread. If you can’t see the link between that and Guido then I give up.
Hope Guido and his family pull through

This has shocked me ,we were among the last out the ground last night and totally lost ,I was asking directions and this star of a lady stopped us told us to shut up cover up as the brugge ultras were looking for city and we wouldn't get back to town going the way we were walking ,another kind gent and his son saw our dilema told us to come with them and he got us in his car and got us back to town ,so grateful and he even refused money for a drink ,so thankful now :+(
Good people everywhere, but just unfortunately scum everywhere as well.

This is the post I wanted to write. Thanks for doing so cbl. Guido must have left the ground so proud and happy to make his way home to celebrate. He’s seen us at our best, seen the great KDB, no doubt loved talking to fellow blues at the ground, picking up some petrol and on way home to really drink it all in.
Then shithouse sub humans struck, took away the memory of what must have been a great day and, God I hope he’s not too badly injured. They’ve been arrested, now they need severe punishment. I don’t know how Belgian law works but I don’t care if it’s a first offence, I don’t care if there was a bystander among them, they should all be put away for a long time.
I’m so sorry for Guido and feel so sad. Perhaps because I, like others, have been in a similar situation through no fault of our own but got away with it.
I’m angry too, not just at the Brugge bastards, but the whole Ultra movement and especially to the posters and threads that pop up on here glorifying the hooligan era. Fine, you can wallow in your own warped nostalgia “we fucking did Leeds at Maine Rd”, “remember how we took Stoke?”, or on a lot of post match threads “was there any trouble?” “Did you see it kick off?” but why inflict it on the rest of us when that exact same attitude has ended up with this tragedy.
Please also spare us the “Bruges are going to get a kicking” which has already been intimated in this thread. If you can’t see the link between that and Guido then I give up.
Hope Guido and his family pull through
Superb post.

Think many on here have to have a good luck at ourselves
How many times have Bluemooners had a dig at Belgium Blues for getting tickets at City games ?
How many of us on here glorify the "good old days" Bigging up City hooligan firms & "Top Lads"
It could quite easily have been a Brugge fan being twatted by a City fan
I ,like many older fans were involved in stuff back in the day & it is sad stories like this when you think
There for the grace of God
Speedy Recovery Blue & thoughts are with the family
Hope someone starts a fundraising campaign to help the family in there time of need

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.