City fan, 63, attacked by Brugge fans | Invited to Etihad by club (p 27)

This is the post I wanted to write. Thanks for doing so cbl. Guido must have left the ground so proud and happy to make his way home to celebrate. He’s seen us at our best, seen the great KDB, no doubt loved talking to fellow blues at the ground, picking up some petrol and on way home to really drink it all in.
Then shithouse sub humans struck, took away the memory of what must have been a great day and, God I hope he’s not too badly injured. They’ve been arrested, now they need severe punishment. I don’t know how Belgian law works but I don’t care if it’s a first offence, I don’t care if there was a bystander among them, they should all be put away for a long time.
I’m so sorry for Guido and feel so sad. Perhaps because I, like others, have been in a similar situation through no fault of our own but got away with it.
I’m angry too, not just at the Brugge bastards, but the whole Ultra movement and especially to the posters and threads that pop up on here glorifying the hooligan era. Fine, you can wallow in your own warped nostalgia “we fucking did Leeds at Maine Rd”, “remember how we took Stoke?”, or on a lot of post match threads “was there any trouble?” “Did you see it kick off?” but why inflict it on the rest of us when that exact same attitude has ended up with this tragedy.
Please also spare us the “Bruges are going to get a kicking” which has already been intimated in this thread. If you can’t see the link between that and Guido then I give up.
Hope Guido and his family pull through
Great post. The thoughts of a far too silent majority. I hope he has a full recovery.

When it’s one of our own it comes home it sinks in , I’ll try and keep the emotion out but it’s difficult I for one would prefer not to have a single Brugge fan at the return leg . Some might think this is harsh on the majority of their credible supporters but it’s up to them to weed out these so called ultras who frankly on mass our pile of cowardly shite . It’s the clubs call this . Think we’ve seen enough of none action from eufa DONT expect any action from them. This isn’t a over reaction yes I’ve known a few lads from us who can mix it but never on a level of this .

Thought this merited its own thread, rather than being tucked away in the post-match thread.

Thoughts are with Guido's family, and hope he pulls through. Who the fuck attacks a 63 year old for wearing a scarf?!
Belgian mibs, or equivalent thereof, twats

Correct. Linking this to the media is possibly the most pathetic form of attention seeking I've ever read on this site.

This sort of thing happens at/near countless football grounds, pubs, clubs etc every night all over the world. Always has done. As you say, thugs gonna be thugs. It's a societal problem that will probably never go away.

We only ever hear about incidents where someone is badly hurt. If Guido wasn't a City supporter we'd continue to be blissfully ignorant of his assault.

No-one deserves to be assaulted. I hope Guido makes a full recovery and continues to follow the Blues.

There were plenty in Bruges doing just that on the day of the match. This poor chap was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Bruges fans I met were sound and I'm sure most are equally as disgusted.
That’s what I mean.. match days just bring out the minority of football thugs and racists. You never see headlines like London Wasps rugby fans were viciously attacked by Perpignan rugby fans.

Just catching up on this thread. Nothing new to say really, but just want add that I’m appalled to read about this like everyone else, and really hope a) his condition stabilises/improves, and b) those 5 responsible get a heavy sentence.
I’m not sure he’ll be in any condition to attend the return match at ours but would love to see him as a Guest of honour if/when he can.

Agree. To blame the press is beyond belief and smacks of desperation. There's a man clinging on for his life, whilst his family look on in despair. We could do with less groundless conspiracy theories and a reality check . He was randomly attacked by thugs at a service station , not by the press. The problems I've seen whilst following City in Europe , of which there's been quite a few over the years, have nothing to do with some City fans paranoid , deluded view re: the media etc. Bizarre .......

This is the post I wanted to write. Thanks for doing so cbl. Guido must have left the ground so proud and happy to make his way home to celebrate. He’s seen us at our best, seen the great KDB, no doubt loved talking to fellow blues at the ground, picking up some petrol and on way home to really drink it all in.
Then shithouse sub humans struck, took away the memory of what must have been a great day and, God I hope he’s not too badly injured. They’ve been arrested, now they need severe punishment. I don’t know how Belgian law works but I don’t care if it’s a first offence, I don’t care if there was a bystander among them, they should all be put away for a long time.
I’m so sorry for Guido and feel so sad. Perhaps because I, like others, have been in a similar situation through no fault of our own but got away with it.
I’m angry too, not just at the Brugge bastards, but the whole Ultra movement and especially to the posters and threads that pop up on here glorifying the hooligan era. Fine, you can wallow in your own warped nostalgia “we fucking did Leeds at Maine Rd”, “remember how we took Stoke?”, or on a lot of post match threads “was there any trouble?” “Did you see it kick off?” but why inflict it on the rest of us when that exact same attitude has ended up with this tragedy.
Please also spare us the “Bruges are going to get a kicking” which has already been intimated in this thread. If you can’t see the link between that and Guido then I give up.
Hope Guido and his family pull through
I'm sorry but you don't care if there was a bystander amongst them and the bystander should be put away for a long time. Thats just wrong.

I think that it is a fair point. Some people in the media have been vilifying our club and our fans relentlessly. Whipping up hatred and targeting us by trying to blame us for the alleged abuses carried out in our owner's place of origin. We have already seen this hatred played out at places like Liverpool where our fans and players have been attacked.
The hatred spread by some so called journalists has fuelled a toxic atmosphere in football. I am thinking of people like Matthew Syed who likened our supporters to sewer rats because by supporting City we were apparently supporting a dictatorship.
This incident in Belgium may have nothing to do with some of the despicable coverage we have had. I don't see the Belgian media. But I am willing to bet that the thugs could well have been spurred on by their hatred of so-called oil clubs.
grow up

This has shocked me ,we were among the last out the ground last night and totally lost ,I was asking directions and this star of a lady stopped us told us to shut up cover up as the brugge ultras were looking for city and we wouldn't get back to town going the way we were walking ,another kind gent and his son saw our dilema told us to come with them and he got us in his car and got us back to town ,so grateful and he even refused money for a drink ,so thankful now :+(
I walked as well as other blues from the ground into the city never saw fuck all if I’m honest, but you always get your pricks
anyway let’s hope and pray he makes a full recovery and the perpetrators get their due rewards in the nick

Nearly got knocked down by people riding pedal bikes back in to the centre was 100’s flying down the road bells ringing

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.