City fan, 63, attacked by Brugge fans | Invited to Etihad by club (p 27)

Just catching up on this thread. Nothing new to say really, but just want add that I’m appalled to read about this like everyone else, and really hope a) his condition stabilises/improves, and b) those 5 responsible get a heavy sentence.
I’m not sure he’ll be in any condition to attend the return match at ours but would love to see him as a Guest of honour if/when he can.
That would be the perfect outcome.

I'm sorry but you don't care if there was a bystander amongst them and the bystander should be put away for a long time. Thats just wrong.
No. What I meant was amongst the group of 5 who attacked him and was trying to say anyone in that group who didn’t have the balls to stop it deserves punishing. I think that law applies in the UK currently

No. What I meant was amongst the group of 5 who attacked him and was trying to say anyone in that group who didn’t have the balls to stop it deserves punishing. I think that law applies in the UK currently
Bang on the money. People who stand by while their mates batter people, or racially abuse people, and do nothing, are utter cunts

It may have been a one punch attack which was over in a flash. They will probably be charged with affray, or equivalent, and the attacker something more serious. We don’t know the full details yet but fair play for apprehending them so quickly.

If your mate or mates was/were assaulting someone you’d really say nothing?
We don't know what happened, it sounded like one punch from what was written this morning which is no longer on the thread, I'm not sure how you stop that.

Also we don't know that if it was a sustained attack that any of them didn't try and stop the perp or perps.

I wouldn't judge yet, and as for claiming they are all guilty joint enterprise as someone else did, what a load of bollocks. If they all planned to attack someone then fair enough, not just for being in the vicinity when something happens and knowing people.

Well we don't know what happened, so lets stop the hypothetical stuff please. If someone could have stepped in from that group and didn't, fair enough but it could have been over in a second, nothing anyone can do about that. The definition of a bystander is someone who was present but had nothing to do with what happened.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.