City fans and hypocrisy

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Hope 2009 won't be the year that football fans get sanitised. Legislate? Take the moral high ground? It's just rank bad taste but only for those who find it distasteful and have a different set of taste buds. It never ceases to amaze me that people come to a football match and leave offended and during the course of the two hours or so want people to behave in their own prescribed way. God save us from the political correctionists.
I've been going to matches for 40 years and heard and seen just about everything. But nothing will ever convince me that hearing my own fans singing songs that glorify people dying in a plane crash (including one of our own legends) is acceptable.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Hope 2009 won't be the year that football fans get sanitised. Legislate? Take the moral high ground? It's just rank bad taste but only for those who find it distasteful and have a different set of taste buds. It never ceases to amaze me that people come to a football match and leave offended and during the course of the two hours or so want people to behave in their own prescribed way. God save us from the political correctionists.
I've been going to matches for 40 years and heard and seen just about everything. But nothing will ever convince me that hearing my own fans singing songs that glorify people dying in a plane crash (including one of our own legends) is acceptable.

Dont think he is saying its acceptable. Bad taste will always provoke a reaction and no amount of whinging about it will stop it. Why dont you just move to a different part of the ground if it ruins the match for you that much?

Prestwich_Blue said:

Sorry mate but I think you need to ignore it.

Have you not got anything else going in in your life to worry about? They are songs sang in bad taste and usually by cocks, if you have such an objection then mention something to the person at the time. If all the publicity before the anniversary didn't make these people stop, then I'm not sure anything will.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Yeah totally agree. I used to post on mancityfans a few years back and was basically called a rag because I constantly complained about the words 'mune' and 'munich' being used. This was also the forum where people were allowed to be openly homophobic but any hint of racism was dealt with swiftly with a life ban.

Mancityfans.net brings me out in a rash.

One of our most legendary players died in the munich air disaster. If this is not reason enough to stop the munich chants then we are dealing with a very low sub species. BLUES OR NOT.

Look its been around ever since I started going. When I was young and knew no better I joined in too. I hate it when I see adults singing it though. We need to rise above it. Like we did at the swamp. Being a City supporter is more than just being anti-rag. Sing about City, not rags. I'm ashamed that I sang those songs and I'm ashamed when I hear others doing it too.

Kids will be kids mate. You might have to complain to the Scousers too, as they keep singing "There's only one Harold Shipman" Very poor taste.

You will never stop it pal. Some people have twisted minds. If they knew anything about Mun-ich, then they would keep their gobs shut.

Never thought we are alone in this kind of behaviour. neither is it a football problem ,never has been ,football is just the outlet for some moronic people to voice lowbrow opinions. which are neither rational nor thought through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.