City fans copied by others?

PepInYourStep

Inflatables craze
Poznan (yes I know this was obviously borrowed)
Yaya/Kolo song

All of these things have been originated or popularised by City fans in England and then copied many times by other clubs, even the dippers with the latter ffs.

It feels like this often gets overlooked when oppo fans are coming out with the usual tired emptihad jibes and other bollocks.

Anyway had a few beers and as a non-regular match-goer felt the need to show some love to the core supporters who make the atmosphere, really it was the dark humour which sealed my fate for City back in the mid 90s!

Inflatables craze
Poznan (yes I know this was obviously borrowed)
Yaya/Kolo song

All of these things have been originated or popularised by City fans in England and then copied many times by other clubs, even the dippers with the latter ffs.

It feels like this often gets overlooked when oppo fans are coming out with the usual tired emptihad jibes and other bollocks.

Anyway had a few beers and as a non-regular match-goer felt the need to show some love to the core supporters who make the atmosphere, really it was the dark humour which sealed my fate for City back in the mid 90s!
But we have no history

Niall Quinn’s Disco Pants

Here’s to you Vincent Kompany, City loves you more than you will know, oooawooohhh

Ea-sy...ea-sy...ea-sy...ea-sy...

And surely we did self deprecating humour first, and best?
“We never win at home and we never win away, we lost last week and we lost today, we don’t give a fuck cos we’re all pissed up, MCFC OK”

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always amused by the fact that when a player moves clubs his song seems to be part of the deal.

Cheeky, innit?!
Maybe those fans can pay us image rights for using it (or will they rather stick to, "Where were you when you were...?" Yawn.

I thought the big banner covering the empty seats 'we're not really here' was a superb example of 'Typical City' fans and a great talking point in the unusual situation we were playing in.
I watched the home matches on different streams and did not see a single mention of it. It was well worth a mention every game. We know how much various banners of teams in red get shown every bloody time they are on.
Was it ignored completely or did l miss any mention?

I thought the big banner covering the empty seats 'we're not really here' was a superb example of 'Typical City' fans and a great talking point in the unusual situation we were playing in.
I watched the home matches on different streams and did not see a single mention of it. It was well worth a mention every game. We know how much various banners of teams in red get shown every bloody time they are on.
Was it ignored completely or did l miss any mention?

I can't recall them ever being mentioned. Every fucking trip to Klanfield the kop banners were shoehorned in.

Niall Quinn’s Disco Pants

Here’s to you Vincent Kompany, City loves you more than you will know, oooawooohhh

Ea-sy...ea-sy...ea-sy...ea-sy...

And surely we did self deprecating humour first, and best?
“We never win at home and we never win away, we lost last week and we lost today, we don’t give a fuck cos we’re all pissed up, MCFC OK”
We sang "Here's to you Mickey Robinson...." back in 1979!

Niall Quinn's disco pants was originally sung about Alan Potter. I first heard it on the pre season tour of the Isle of Man in 85.

I can't recall them ever being mentioned. Every fucking trip to Klanfield the kop banners were shoehorned in.
What did they do with YNWA? I bet the guards of honour were featured closely. Did St Jordan still have that arrogant look on his face? He did get some critcism for failing to acknowledge our lot from neutral fans for his aloof demeanour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.