City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I saw the empties before kick off in the Arsenal end but to be fair they mostly filled up. I think living locally, a lot of their fans just get there for kick off when the crowds have died down.

I was surprised at how many of our fans certainly in the upper tier couldn’t wait to get off with the players still on the pitch celebrating. It emptied quickly in front of us. Less than 10% of our block still there when the players were leaving the pitch. Not sure why when you have travelled all that way to see the team lift the cup and there was no extra time.

The Arsenal fans were a bit of a disgrace. I was a bit shocked at how many of them left so early. Okay, I though the game was definitely done a three - nil but surely you see it through until 90 minutes.

I was a little disappointed that so few of us were left as the final players departed the pitch but it's a fair trek home for the majority with a Monday morning to face...

I've never left Wembley stadium, for any event, with so few people about outside. Mind you I'd driven home by shortly after 8pm.

The Arsenal fans were a bit of a disgrace. I was a bit shocked at how many of them left so early. Okay, I though the game was definitely done a three - nil but surely you see it through until 90 minutes.

I was a little disappointed that so few of us were left as the final players departed the pitch but it's a fair trek home for the majority with a Monday morning to face...

I've never left Wembley stadium, for any event, with so few people about outside. Mind you I'd driven home by shortly after 8pm.

We stayed til players left the pitch and were back at Euston Square within 45 mins. They shift the crowds really quickly at Wembley Park. Each to their own and all that but I found it a bit strange especially with no extra time.

Arsenal fans have just had enough I think. I saw their players clapping their fans who stayed at the end and there can’t have been more than 400 left!

i left straight after the cup was presented, was in stand above the royal box so could only watch on the screens, why did i leave before players came onto pitch ? TRAINS, tv as we know gives no consideration for fans, especially northern based fans, 4.30 ko on a sunday ( and fa cup 5.30 ) gives little leeway for trains home, that match should have been a 2pm ko

Stayed to the end and the palyers lap of honour.

Some behind us left on the final whistle and never stayed for the trophy, wierd to me that, but then they moaned when someone stood up to let someone go the toilet muttering that standing up spoilt football and tutted

The good thing about the LC Final is the substantial ticket allocation for fans. The downside is that tickets appear to get into the hands of some so called fans who maybe go just 'to be there'. As in 2016 my son and I were surrounded yesterday by people in City colours who showed little if any support for the team. No celebrating the goals, no singing, no cheering, no applauding. Nothing. Mainly arms folded & disinterested looks.
Consequently the atmosphere immediately around us wasn't that great, to be honest. By the time the cup had been lifted most of these had left the block. Now I know that some may have had trains to catch, bit surely not all of them ?
Plus, 2 guys sat next to me left their seats 20 mins into the game & never came back. I wonder why some people go to the expense of travelling to Wembley if the match means so little to them.

I had to leave at FT yesterday as I had to catch the last flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh which was at 21:10, normally theres plenty time to get to Gatwick airport but not yesterday as engineering works near Redhill meant that there were no direct trains to Gatwick airport station. I has to get the tube From Wembley Park to Kings X then change for the Victoria line to get to London Victoria mainline station. I then had to board the Gatwick Express which went as far as Redhill then get on a rail replacement bus service which took me to Gatwick airport. I got through security at 20:40 and made my flight but bearing in mind I left Wembley at about 18:15 at FT, so thats near two and a half hours for a journey that should take no more than 60-70 minutes normally. I didn't want to leave but had no choice really.

Back down on Thursday for the Arsenal league match, travelling home on the overnight train so I've got plenty time after the match this time.

I had to leave at FT yesterday as I had to catch the last flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh which was at 21:10, normally theres plenty time to get to Gatwick airport but not yesterday as engineering works near Redhill meant that there were no direct trains to Gatwick airport station. I has to get the tube From Wembley Park to Kings X then change for the Victoria line to get to London Victoria mainline station. I then had to board the Gatwick Express which went as far as Redhill then get on a rail replacement bus service which took me to Gatwick airport. I got through security at 20:40 and made my flight but bearing in mind I left Wembley at about 18:15 at FT, so thats near two and a half hours for a journey that should take no more than 60-70 minutes normally. I didn't want to leave but had no choice really.

Back down on Thursday for the Arsenal league match, travelling home on the overnight train so I've got plenty time after the match this time.
Fair play to you. Good job there was no extra time etc

i left straight after the cup was presented, was in stand above the royal box so could only watch on the screens, why did i leave before players came onto pitch ? TRAINS, tv as we know gives no consideration for fans, especially northern based fans, 4.30 ko on a sunday ( and fa cup 5.30 ) gives little leeway for trains home, that match should have been a 2pm ko
It's about time the club re introduced special trains so that we don't all gave to worry about extra time etc or even better the TV companies should have to experience what the fan has to in terms of travel

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.