City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Agreed. What I can't get my head past is the fact that ManUre, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea.....all seem to manage to get sellouts or pretty much close to on CL nights. Regardless of times or transport or anything else for that matter. This looks to me like it's an issue for us only. But if we're being honest even on a Saturday the Etihad resembles a picnic outing. Can't remember the last time we really had the place totally full and rocking.

Because we don't have the national or global fan base to compete.
IMO the club are attracting the wrong "customers "
There are thousands of Blues who don't attend, the question should be why.

He stopped going himself, so he understands the apathy

Oh well....anyway tickets for the home against Shahktar are available. A ticket for me and my 12yr old son is £35.00 for the 2

We will be there. I know only another 2 wont make a massive difference but we need to change our whole mindset otherwise imo we as club wont be taken seriously in european terms.

Agreed. What I can't get my head past is the fact that ManUre, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea.....all seem to manage to get sellouts or pretty much close to on CL nights. Regardless of times or transport or anything else for that matter. This looks to me like it's an issue for us only. But if we're being honest even on a Saturday the Etihad resembles a picnic outing. Can't remember the last time we really had the place totally full and rocking.

Lets not forget that this wasnt a football stadium to start with. West ham are having the similar issues. Even ticket prices are not high. You can get a junior ticket and an adult for £35 for the hone tie against Shahktar

It seems to be that some just dont want to go to european games, which is baffling considering we always wanted to be out of the dark times and playing at the highest level

Made the mistake of visiting Twitter within half an hour of full time. It's amazing how many fans of 'bigger' clubs have an obsession with our attendances and see empty seats as a sign City will never be as big as their club. These will be the same people who confuse our loyal and proud fan base with an notional claim we have the largest one.

So while we were useless on the pitch 20 years ago, we were brilliant off it - something these fans of 'bigger' clubs will never likely experience, certainly not accept. Perhaps in 20 more years our fan base and 'history' may well appear more like their own and maybe we'll give more of a damn about playing the Lyon's of this world because we are better than and bored of beating the teams we are constantly reminded have more fans than us.....

A good showing in my opinion for a night game against non too attractive opposition, whether they beat us or not.

Managers and players moaning about grounds not being full need to get in the real world, not everyone earns their kind of money. They could price tickets at £10 a game but for some it is still an extra £10 minimum they have to find before you add on the transport costs.

A good showing in my opinion for a night game against non too attractive opposition, whether they beat us or not.

Managers and players moaning about grounds not being full need to get in the real world, not everyone earns their kind of money. They could price tickets at £10 a game but for some it is still an extra £10 minimum they have to find before you add on the transport costs.

Exactly - its approaching the end of the month for many people and money is tight. I have no shame in our crowd last night,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.