City fans' view towards the Champions League

Do you enjoy the Champions League?

• Total voters
The other reason I’m not enamoured with it that Agüero wanted to win it before leaving us.
I am glad he has that chance now, could you imagine him leaving if we had won it under Pellegrini.
Also an element of job done would exist for Pep. Could see him not staying as long now if we win it.

It's a competition principally to make UEFA feel good about itself.
Now that we're there, I'd like us to win it. Obviously. The big one, for me, is the PL, as was the old First Division. That's not going to change any time soon. Already over the moon about this season.

I've gone for somewhere in the middle.
I want success for the club, the players, and of course the behind the scenes team.
Trouble is the organisation has tried to screw us at every turn. I'm not bothered that they tried to ban us for 2 year mind.
I'm more concerned that we were fined more for being late back from half time than a team was fined for racism. The double standards are astounding - including what's happening currently with shipping 8k supporters to Istanbul when it's "the fans game"

I want success for the club, the players, and of course the behind the scenes team.
Trouble is the organisation has tried to screw us at every turn. I'm not bothered that they tried to ban us for 2 year mind.
I'm more concerned that we were fined more for being late back from half time than a team was fined for racism. The double standards are astounding - including what's happening currently with shipping 8k supporters to Istanbul when it's "the fans game"
PSG are not getting fined for being late for the second half , we were just their cashpoint , another reason to hate the fuckers

Loved the old European cup, was a bit less enamoured with the Champions league partly because of the format of qualifying and the way it entrenched the rich clubs, partly because it effectively removed from competition the cup winners cup which we won and trivialised the UEFA/Europa cup.
The qualifiers are still generally fairly turgid affairs but the knockout rounds are genuinely often very entertaining even if City are not playing.
I'd love us to win it and have always wanted too but it is not as important to me as the domestic league, whether the old first division or the premier league.

I've been very lukewarm about the CL. Didn't even bother going to the games for a couple of seasons. But I'm not ashamed to say I had tears in my eyes on Tuesday night. I just want us to win everything in sight, having waited so long to see us win anything.

And it helps that we beat the bastards at CAS plus I think we're entering a new era with our relationship with them. Probably go back on the CL scheme next season and looking forward to maybe doing some away games.

Never felt bothered about it would rather win the league any day however the other night was special and probably excited me more than any game since 13 5 12. I'm desperate for us to win it but not until we have put the league to bed, won't relax till we're over the line.
What I can't understand is how do many people have the money to travel all over Europe watching footy wish I could.

That's pretty much my take on it as well mate.

In the days before City qualified for the Champs League, I enjoyed watching it as a neutral. Especially when the games were on ITV and I didn't have sky. The first season we got in I remember being in the ground for the Napoli game as the anthem blared out, thinking how amazing it was.

But, then you see first hand the favourism towards the 'traditional clubs', the pathetic fine Porto were given for racism, compared to our fine for being late for the second half. There's also been some one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen (both legs against Liverpool, Spurs at home etc). Not to mention the fines, ban and clubs conspiring against us.

I want City to win every game we play and it doesn't come any bigger than the Champions League Final, it feels amazing even typing that sentence! But a large part of me wants to win it as the ultimate 'fuck you' to UEFA, our critics and large sections of the media!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.