City fans @ Wigan VS Spurs

kippax_blueboy said:
I didn't go to the game but have managed to get hold of two tickets in the Wigan end for Wembley.

I am not a season ticket holder but do have 3000 points so I didn't want to risk not getting a ticket.
Better start developing a liking for pies and Rugby League then!

Skashion said:
gangerolv said:
Why is Wigans support so shit?
They don't have the fanbase of a historically successful club because they aren't one.

for them to fill the ground a 3rd of the town of wigan have to go

considering they are in the middle of 4 big clubs in city united everton and liverpool
considering that wigan is traditionally a rugby town
and considering they were getting crowds of 2000-3000 15 years ago they have done remarkable to get the crowds they get now and to sustain premier league footy for 7 years
so fair play to them

noely said:
Skashion said:
gangerolv said:
They don't have the fanbase of a historically successful club because they aren't one.

considering they are in the middle of 4 big clubs in city united everton and liverpool
and considering they were getting crowds of 2000-3000 15 years ago they have done remarkable to get the crowds they get now and to sustain premier league footy for 7 years
so fair play to them

Yep. Massively arrogant to label their support shit. They should be applauded for how many they're taking rather than taking the piss.

noely said:

so fair play to them
I would say the same in support of my own argument. They don't have the history of a big fanbase for the above reasons, and therefore don't have the support of comparably sized footballing towns like Burnley. In fact, this was pretty much shown up by the fact the numbers Burnley have brought to the Etihad (even bringing about 1,000 for the FA Youth Cup in January) and traditionally to Maine Road, versus the amount Wigan bring every year where they only ever sell out one block.

The Road Sweeper said:
gangerolv said:

There's no need to be disrespectful. Under the circumstances, Wigan's support isn't "shit", it's quite reasonable.

Exactly. In case you didn't realise Wigan is more of a rugby town so they arn't expected to get great crowds. Wigans a decent club with some quality players, a great manager run by a local passionate chairman. I have nothing but respect for the club and I hope they survive. Besides i wouldnt go on about shit support after yesterdays game. Made the old Highbury feel like a rock concert.

Skashion said:
noely said:

so fair play to them
I would say the same in support of my own argument. They don't have the history of a big fanbase for the above reasons, and therefore don't have the support of comparably sized footballing towns like Burnley. In fact, this was pretty much shown up by the fact the numbers Burnley have brought to the Etihad (even bringing about 1,000 for the FA Youth Cup in January) and traditionally to Maine Road, versus the amount Wigan bring every year where they only ever sell out one block.

Burnley aren't a rugby town and don't have City and the Rags on their doorstep. The nearest clubs to Burnley are Blackburn who they hate with a passion and Rochdale.
Wigans support is great taking all things into consideration.

Why is Wigans support so shit ?.........

You have to remember that they were a non league club about 20years ago

mike o said:
noely said:
Skashion said:

so fair play to them

Yep. Massively arrogant to label their support shit. They should be applauded for how many they're taking rather than taking the piss.

Yeah, all this arrogant shite is gonna jinx us! Leave arrogance to the Rags - Oooops, sorry, just remembered they're not arrogant just better!

The Road Sweeper said:
gangerolv said:

There's no need to be disrespectful. Under the circumstances, Wigan's support isn't "shit", it's quite reasonable.
I agree. I also like going to Wigan as both a football and rugby league away visitor. Leave them alone - they do quite well really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.