City fans @ Wigan VS Spurs

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BigBlueNick, 28 Apr 2013.

1. jimharri

jimharri

Better start developing a liking for pies and Rugby League then!

2. Skashion

Skashion

They don't have the fanbase of a historically successful club because they aren't one.

3. noely

noely

for them to fill the ground a 3rd of the town of wigan have to go

considering they are in the middle of 4 big clubs in city united everton and liverpool
    considering that wigan is traditionally a rugby town
    and considering they were getting crowds of 2000-3000 15 years ago they have done remarkable to get the crowds they get now and to sustain premier league footy for 7 years
    so fair play to them

4. mike o

mike o

Yep. Massively arrogant to label their support shit. They should be applauded for how many they're taking rather than taking the piss.

5. Skashion

Skashion

I would say the same in support of my own argument. They don't have the history of a big fanbase for the above reasons, and therefore don't have the support of comparably sized footballing towns like Burnley. In fact, this was pretty much shown up by the fact the numbers Burnley have brought to the Etihad (even bringing about 1,000 for the FA Youth Cup in January) and traditionally to Maine Road, versus the amount Wigan bring every year where they only ever sell out one block.

6. citymad

citymad

Exactly. In case you didn't realise Wigan is more of a rugby town so they arn't expected to get great crowds. Wigans a decent club with some quality players, a great manager run by a local passionate chairman. I have nothing but respect for the club and I hope they survive. Besides i wouldnt go on about shit support after yesterdays game. Made the old Highbury feel like a rock concert.

7. stony

stony

Burnley aren't a rugby town and don't have City and the Rags on their doorstep. The nearest clubs to Burnley are Blackburn who they hate with a passion and Rochdale.
    Wigans support is great taking all things into consideration.

8. monkeymagic

monkeymagic

Why is Wigans support so shit ?.........

You have to remember that they were a non league club about 20years ago

9. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Yeah, all this arrogant shite is gonna jinx us! Leave arrogance to the Rags - Oooops, sorry, just remembered they're not arrogant just better!

10. SaddleworthBlueRhino

SaddleworthBlueRhino

I agree. I also like going to Wigan as both a football and rugby league away visitor. Leave them alone - they do quite well really.