City fans writing John Stones off too early?

Not that long ago he was young looking and fresh faced, he seems to have aged facialy a lot recently, is it just me who has noticed this?

I hope things are good for him off the pitch.

Yes, it is a shame it has not worked out but we cannot go into another season with two error prone centre halfs as back up.

As so many players have developed under Pep, Stones has stood still and after 4 years he has more than enough chances. Watching Stones and Otamendi together at Norwich away was laughable.

Totally agree. He loses his man too easily and is bullied off the ball a lot. He did have a period when he was strong, read the game well and you thought wow, unfortunately that period was short lived.

When we first bought Stones I was 99% convinced he would be our future captain for years, he played with an aura and although prone to the odd mistake he was young enough to learn and iron them out with experience.
But it never happened he's the same if not worse than he was then, Injuries haven't helped and I've noticed it takes him several games returning from one to get back upto speed and as soon as he does he gets injured again, he's also a confidence player, he's fine until he makes a mistake and then his confidence takes a hit and he becomes panic stricken which in turn leads to more mistakes.

I would love to see him succeed but every season seems the same and I don't see that changing.

I feel for Stones. For a while he looked to be a mainstay of the team especially with Laporte. Injuries haven’t helped and it seems form and confidence haven’t recovered. We just don’t seem able to rely on him anymore

It feels like his confidence has been completely shot. I wouldn't mind having him for another year. Plus he's just 26 years old. I trust that he'll regain his form soon.

I feel for Stones. For a while he looked to be a mainstay of the team especially with Laporte. Injuries haven’t helped and it seems form and confidence haven’t recovered. We just don’t seem able to rely on him anymore
Agree mate, I thought Stones would lead our team going forward but it says something about where he is currently that an 18 year old was a steadying influence on him last night.
Sad to say but he may need a new start somewhere to get himself going again because he will end up 4th cb at the club.

I like stones & think his ability to play out from the back is crucial to our game, it’s like Ederson or Bravo being compared to shot stoppers.

Watch the 44 pass clip v the Rags & see how intelligent his movement & passing was in that game & look at how we played v Arsenal in the semi & the slow passage of play.

He will always make a few mistakes but dont underestimate what his ability gives to the style of play that we want. He looks like he’s had a few issues but I like him & wouldn’t let him go, certainly not to a competitor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.