City fans writing John Stones off too early?

So why in God’s name would we keep a player we can’t rely on? It makes zero fkng sense. Aké, Laporte and Koulibaly can all look after themselves in the backline. Stones need someone to hold his hand for him to put in a decent performance. Johns weakness got exposed the minute Laporte got injured.

Because we can't sell him for a decent price and going into the most congested season in history, with zero preseason or rest for the players, having as big a squad as possible is an advantage.

Plus there's a good defender in there somewhere and it doesn't hurt us that much to give him a chance to rediscover it.

Because we can't sell him for a decent price and going into the most congested season in history, with zero preseason or rest for the players, having as big a squad as possible is an advantage.

Plus there's a good defender in there somewhere and it doesn't hurt us that much to give him a chance to rediscover it.

He has 2 years left. This is our window to get decent money from him. I agree about congested season but I’m not having the ’rediscover himself’ argument. It’s ridiculous how people can be so patient with him. He hasn’t been here 18 month, he’s been here 4 years.

He has 2 years left. This is our window to get decent money from him. I agree about congested season but I’m not having the ’rediscover himself’ argument. It’s ridiculous how people can be so patient with him. He hasn’t been here 18 month, he’s been here 4 years.

We're not going to get good money for him in this market, and with his reputation/form in the gutter.

I think we'd get more money in 12 months after a good season with us, and it always gives us the opportunity to keep him if he gets his form back. And if not, the difference will be offset if we need him because of the schedule/injuries.

We don't need to sell this summer. We've already got a load of outgoings lined up, we've already raised £65m in sales. There's no need to rush him out the door to balance books or anything.

Lost his way a bit and only has himself to blame for much of it, but I've no doubts whatsoever that keeping him and allowing Garcia to go is the right move. If he gets his head right then we've got ourselves a top class player again.
He must know himself that he's all out of second chances. This season will be huge for him and his career going forward.

Stones has lost form but not ability. I think the problem is self-doubt but that's still a hurdle to overcome.

Would like to see him stay and come through and show the rest of football that he is a top defender.

Stones has lost form but not ability. I think the problem is self-doubt but that's still a hurdle to overcome.

Would like to see him stay and come through and show the rest of football that he is a top defender.

Stones has the ability as you say and maybe, if he has been reading this thread, his self confidence would be at rock bottom!! I do know that some of our players read BlueMoon, especially the English home grown ones(!)

John Stones like Kyle Walker has had a crisis of confidence and it is time for John Boy to start building his self confidence back up again. Kyle did it and look at how he has been playing. Come on John Boy you can do it.

Stones has the ability as you say and maybe, if he has been reading this thread, his self confidence would be at rock bottom!! I do know that some of our players read BlueMoon, especially the English home grown ones(!)

John Stones like Kyle Walker has had a crisis of confidence and it is time for John Boy to start building his self confidence back up again. Kyle did it and look at how he has been playing. Come on John Boy you can do it.
Good post.
I agree. Stones can still be class. I'd hate to sell him then he comes good again. Pep seems to like him.

I'd like us to keep him. We should get him a mental/performance coach

We're not going to get good money for him in this market, and with his reputation/form in the gutter.

I think we'd get more money in 12 months after a good season with us, and it always gives us the opportunity to keep him if he gets his form back. And if not, the difference will be offset if we need him because of the schedule/injuries.

We don't need to sell this summer. We've already got a load of outgoings lined up, we've already raised £65m in sales. There's no need to rush him out the door to balance books or anything.
What's the chances though of him having a good season? There are also his wages to consider also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.