City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Exactly. Not "on balance", not "some reasonable doubt", no "however", only "no evidence".
It just never got reported this way, so the mud still stuck. And then there's the likes of Simon Jordan who in his pompous, ignorant ramblings pretends to talk with authority that we were still guilty!
TBF, there's only 'no evidence' because they couldn't find any.

And yes, that was a joke...

The bad news is that those emails do certainly suggest that City were cooking the books and "attributing" Mansour funds to other Abu-Dhabi-related sponsorship deals. To be honest, I don't see how anyone can think we didn't do that. Your mileage just varies on how okay you are with that sort of thing going on behind the scenes.

The good news is that FFP was a bad idea anyway, and I don't think any of the above is remotely provable. Any good lawyer could surely argue that the wording instead meant "attribute" in the sense that we have to make it clear that we're attributing the funds to the right places so it doesn't look dodgy. It was a long time ago and based on an implication. A heavy implication, but an implication nonetheless. I'm fairly sure little will become of it overall.

O dear ! Please keep up.

The bad news is that those emails do certainly suggest that City were cooking the books and "attributing" Mansour funds to other Abu-Dhabi-related sponsorship deals. To be honest, I don't see how anyone can think we didn't do that. Your mileage just varies on how okay you are with that sort of thing going on behind the scenes.
You missed the entire CAS verdict and report I take it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.