City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

It may be that the Spiegel line that they had new smoking gun revelations was taken at face value and reported as such but when people bothered to read it they realised there was nothing new at all and the ancient stories about Mancini having two jobs were risible barrel scraping.
They have gone through the bottom of the barrel, past the topsoil and are now into the bedrock. A few more years and they’ll strike oil.

Last edited:
Doesn’t look like it to me given the stories keep coming out repeated the same and not sure.

Also I would say everything was reported wrong and deliberately so by journalists last time but not because the info was wrong but because couldn’t comprehend it and had a bias

but perhaps you could give m specifics or who has changed there tune
I can't give specifics on here but I am 100 per cent confident this happened and the tone has softened in some of the press coverage as a result. It is one thing for a journalist to report just one side of the story in a biased way and another for them to report inforrmation they know is false. The second is a much rarer event.

Didn't know where to put this but I was listening to the latest overlap on youtube on my lunch today and from 35:40 Jamie Carragher and the Everton fan were talking about FFP and we briefly mentioned. Anyway, the Everton fan was saying it was put in to stop... then Carragher comes out with a snarky comment "City" and the Everton fan just ignored it and carried on saying it was put in to stop teams like Pompey etc. Just thought it was interesting... fucking scouser he knows, and we all know why it was put in.
The media thread might have been a better place? :)

Sources: FFP-busting Man City plan in peril amid £50m document reveal​

Powerful voices within the Premier League want to impose an annual £50million cap on related-party transactions to prevent Man City and Newcastle United from artificially inflating their income, Football Insider has learned.

There are concerns that the two Gulf-state-financed clubs are using sponsorship deals with businesses in their owners’ portfolios to generate commercial revenues that would otherwise be unachievable, thereby circumventing Financial Fair Play rules.

Powerful voices within the Premier League want to impose an annual £50million cap on related-party transactions to prevent Man City and Newcastle United from artificially inflating their income, Football Insider has learned.

There are concerns that the two Gulf-state-financed clubs are using sponsorship deals with businesses in their owners’ portfolios to generate commercial revenues that would otherwise be unachievable, thereby circumventing Financial Fair Play rules.

Not too smart. That opening para is actionable.

Think we saw this yesterday in the media thread. The key part is;

"It is understood that the cap was championed by both Man United and Liverpool, and there remains a strong appetite to introduce this facet of the proposal despite the fact Project Big Picture was itself rejected in October 2020"

No coincidence that, having failed (so far) the owners of those clubs want to sell up.

I'm not sure that headline makes much sense. The article says this:

It can now be exclusively revealed that, as per documents obtained by Football Insider, a £50m related-party cap was proposed in the fine print of Project Big Picture, a 2020 plan to restructure the governance of English football.

It is understood that the cap was championed by both Man United and Liverpool, and there remains a strong appetite to introduce this facet of the proposal despite the fact Project Big Picture was itself rejected in October 2020.

So it's nearly 3 years old, and part of the shambolic plan that had 17 drafts to produce rubbish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.