City & FFP

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Marvin, 1 Feb 2014.

1. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

Paris are fine.

When UEFA came after both of us, Paris got lucky.

They were ordered to revise their Qatar deal down from £200m to £100m a season.

PSG are already under the permitted limits.

We were ordered not to increase our Etihad deal by something like ten per cent?

2. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

We agreed as part of the settlement not to increase our tier two sponsorships, which would have been Aabar & Etisalat I think. The Etihad deal never came into it as Etihad was, under UEFA rules at the time, not a related party & therefore they had no say in the matter.

Of course, they soon amended the regulations to say that no more than 30% of a club's total income could come from state-related entities. I doubt more than 15% of our income comes from Abu Dhabi related companies.

3. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Etihad are just under 11% so 15% max sounds a fairly safe bet.

4. Marvin

Marvin

Do you know if the Etihad deal was ever renegotiated? This link suggested negotiations were underway, but nothing ever seems to have been confirmed. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-set-400million-jackpot-4377857

Also do you think Man Utd's huge agent fees, and wages for their signings is a deliberate attempt to take the transfer mkt out of City's reach? They as the club with the highest revenues, have a vested interest in inflating the market under the current regulations. They could drive transfer costs for the best players so high so that we can not compete.

5. petrusha

petrusha

In the distant past with fellow sad City geeks
    PSG have reportedly renewed their deal with Qatar Tourism Authority for an annual EUR 175 million and were arguing that it shouldn't be revised downwards at all for FFP purposes because they're a bigger club now than when they entered into the original deal (later benchmarked at EUR 100 million) a few years ago: http://www.espn.com/soccer/paris-sa...in-to-value-qta-contract-at-175m-euros-report

I'd suggest that a value of EUR 100 million is actually extraordinarily generous on UEFA's part.

6. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

It is extraordinarily generous, but PSG's argument is still perfectly valid.
    This is the problem with UEFA trying to set themselves up as an arbiter of fair value in a rapidly changing market, they've no business doing so and they don't have a fucking Scooby.

7. dickie davies

dickie davies

We have the basis of a World Class squad for the next six years. It'll only take one addition per season for us to keep it up to scratch, so the market being hugely inflated makes no difference to us

8. petrusha

petrusha

In the distant past with fellow sad City geeks
    I agree with you fully. I just have a bee in my bonnet about PSG because I think their treatment and ours from UEFA has been markedly different. :)

9. Jalfraag

Jalfraag

They also have the highest costs and flat revenue growth. We'll overtake them off the pitch soon, just as we have on it.

10. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

Two ;-)