City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Not arsed, these guys know exactly what they are doing. I assume from us bailing Barclays out we also have a rock solid working relationship with them.

As a non financial chap i hear having some loan/debt is good or something, not sure why but maybe this is a way for us to accrue some healthy debt if there is such a thing.

Not arsed, these guys know exactly what they are doing. I assume from us bailing Barclays out we also have a rock solid working relationship with them.

As a non financial chap i hear having some loan/debt is good or something, not sure why but maybe this is a way for us to accrue some healthy debt if there is such a thing.

Yeah - it could be earmarked for the proposed North Stand expansion. Would make sense to pay for it via a loan providing the interest rate is attractive enough. I'm not overly worried as we're unlikely to be falling off a cliff anytime soon.

I'm sure Sheikh Mansour has had previous dealings with Barclays before.

Perhaps we could see him buying shares in the bank again, and writing off the loan at their end...?

Would that work and bi-pass FFP to make a big signing ?

This is nothing to worry about. It is a charge of the income derived from TV rights etc, this is standard security in Football finance. The 'lender' is Barclays who provide the basic Banking facilities to most big football clubs (every other Bank having been scared off by the potential for losses and bad PR following the demise of Leeds / Chelsea pre Abramovich etc. The link to Barclays from their sponsorship days and part of the deal). This is most likely in relation to an overdraft as we know our owners are cash rich however at the same time borrowing money is a strategy employed by many successful businesses, there are various reasons as to why you would do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.