City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I'm sure Sheikh Mansour has had previous dealings with Barclays before.

Perhaps we could see him buying shares in the bank again, and writing off the loan at their end...?

Would that work and bi-pass FFP to make a big signing ?

No - that would be fraud. Nice try though.

We are self sufficient so I’d guess this the way will role if we spending big better having good debt paying it of over a long time anyway uefa seem to love clubs who have debt so we really made it now ;)

Might just be short-term borrowings and they expect to pay it back fairly quickly so Mansour does not want to tie additional money up in the club at this point.

Maybe it's all part of Mansour wanting the club to completely manage its own finances at this point.

The need for the cash could be related to transfers.

There's lots of reasons why this might have been done and most of them shouldn't be a cause for concern.

Yeah - it could be earmarked for the proposed North Stand expansion. Would make sense to pay for it via a loan providing the interest rate is attractive enough. I'm not overly worried as we're unlikely to be falling off a cliff anytime soon.

It would have to be by loan, wouldn't it ?
We haven't got a big piggy bank or savings in the tsb.

I guess that our owner has said to ADUG that now they are self sufficient his initial investment has ended and they are now in charge of the financial future of CFG.
Let ADUG decide about players and infrastructure risk whilst he moves on to starting other projects.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.