City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I'll admit, I couldn't get my head around some of it. Even still, it's amazing what these wealthy billionaire club owners get away with, while we pay our taxes without question or tax avoidance.

A very interesting but complicated Manchester United read. 5th. Unless you're an accountant.

City are 1st. ;-) The reason being......

D06-B078-A-810-A-4409-95-B7-1182-D774-A7-F8.png

Strange report that. City are top, and always will be, as far as I can tell, for two reasons.

Firstly, no distinction is made between a club who provide finance from their owners' country of origin, say City, and one whose owners actively look to base their activities in a tax haven like, say, United. So having UAE owners bad. Tax havens not so much.

Secondly, A log scale really? So let's not punish clubs for having huge overseas debt, like, say, United.

Surprised?

I'll admit, I couldn't get my head around some of it. Even still, it's amazing what these wealthy billionaire club owners get away with, while we pay our taxes without question or tax avoidance.

A very interesting but complicated Manchester United read. 5th. Unless you're an accountant.

City are 1st. ;-) The reason being......

D06-B078-A-810-A-4409-95-B7-1182-D774-A7-F8.png

Based on season 2013 / 14 during our growth phase - not worth the paper its written on 7+ years old

In the Guardian as well.
They incorrectly refer to the Etihad deal as a “related party”.
Useless.

“It is believed that they did so on the basis of legal advice that the process was unlawful. City, who are owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group, have had deals that are known as related party transactions. An example was the one that saw Etihad Airways, the Abu Dhabi government-owned carrier, sponsor them.”

In the Guardian as well.
They incorrectly refer to the Etihad deal as a “related party”.
Useless.

“It is believed that they did so on the basis of legal advice that the process was unlawful. City, who are owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group, have had deals that are known as related party transactions. An example was the one that saw Etihad Airways, the Abu Dhabi government-owned carrier, sponsor them.”

I mean it's basically a fact now it's been repeated so many times, much like the 'state owned' claim. Other journos have a wealth of "sources" like this one to cite when making the same claims.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.