City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

If they are hoping to ban all future related party deals, they will have a massive (!) headache in trying to define "related." Even UEFA struggled with their own rule, not sure what was related and what wasn't. See our own 2014 case. Under UEFA rules, related deals are ok, provided they are fair market value. Even after the so called experts have pronounced, UEFA will decide on a political basis. So Qatar's tourist board world wide branding sponsorship of PSG was assessed by independent experts at, iirc, about £9m. PSG's own valuation was, iirc, about £80m, but Leterme allowed it at £100m. Absolutely nothing, of course. to do with the massive tv deal from Bein.
This inflation allowed PSG to escape sanction. When the judge in charge of the Judicial Chamber found out, he appealed to CAS to reopen the case, but they denied jurisdiction. UEFA v UEFA!!!
I think you're right about the difficulties PL will face and I suspect UEFA will be as alarmed as any at PL headquarters. Their hope may be that they can use "fair market value" to limit Newcastle's deals while leaving those of certain other clubs untouched since 'istry clubs have related party deals, most notably Juventus and Bayern Munich. The trouble with this is may well broaden Newcastle's attack since "fair market value" is a subjective opinion which imposes a restraint on conduct which is not unlawful. Newcastle could even have an action brought by a "related" sponsor whose argument may be that they are sponsoring Newcastle for the exposure they give and that they are sponsoring them so generously so that the team will improve, qualify for more prestigious tournaments and thus bring exposure of the sponsors to wider audiences. That is why sponsors sponsor - sponsorship is a commercial agreement NOT a reward for the clubs 'istry! They could also argue strongly that they (the sponsors) are the only ones who can finance improvement at Newcastle because, while UEFA does not limit sponsorship of certain other clubs while limiting severely that of Newcastle (thus acting as a cartel), UEFA and the PL also place the most severe limits on investment by the owners of clubs, in the interests of a cartel of indebted but recently successful (in a footballing sense) clubs, while at the same time and bizarrely decreeing that the annual subscriptions paid by members of German clubs do ot count as "investment". German fans own 51% of the shares of their clubs! UEFA and the PL had better get the PL clubs (18 of them at least) to see sense QUICKLY.

Newcastle could even have an action brought by a "related" sponsor whose argument may be that they are sponsoring Newcastle for the exposure they give and that they are sponsoring them so generously so that the team will improve, qualify for more prestigious tournaments and thus bring exposure of the sponsors to wider audiences. That is why sponsors sponsor - sponsorship is a commercial agreement NOT a reward for the clubs 'istry!

Excellent post and, if I were Newcastle I'd be citing City as a precedent for this, showing projected income based on our actual figures. When we began our journey there was no precedent to influence projections. I'd also point out that the argument about inflating transfer fees and wages is demonstrably not as a result of City's takeover so there is no reason why Newcastle's would have that effect.

The FFP genie is out of the bottle, it is not possible to go back to the way it was before. Unscrupulous greedy lying clubs & organisations concocted this pyramid scheme to control the outcome of football tournaments.

It will only get worse. The rules will continue to change and favour certain clubs, legal patches will be made when necessary and the corrupt wankers will not rest until the old order is resumed.

As I say no going back now. The dirty war to control football is well and truly underway.

Last edited:
The FFP genie out of the bottle, it is not possible to go back to the way it was before. Unscrupulous greedy lying clubs & organisations concocted this pyramid scheme to control the outcome of football tournaments.

It will only get worse. The rules will continue to change and favour certain clubs, legal patches will be made when necessary and the corrupt wankers will not rest until the old order is resumed.

As I say no going back now. The dirty war to control football is well and truly underway.

"We will continue to disrupt"

If the premier kept the % wages rule Newcastle would be in trouble to grow! That rancid **** Gill dropped a clanger there! All for the Benefit of some shite players.
I still think this stinks as it was quietly dropped, with no reason given or explained, at a time the Rags had lots of contract renewals coming up and a time they also spent heavily. Of course no media looked into it

I still think this stinks as it was quietly dropped, with no reason given or explained, at a time the Rags had lots of contract renewals coming up and a time they also spent heavily. Of course no media looked into it
I'm sure Newcastle's lawyers will be made well aware of all the cartel-sponsored twists and turns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.