City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

You stated Barcelona in both your examples.

If you are in £600k in debt in a £1m house and earning £200k a year it is sustainable and lot better than someone in no debt with a £30k house in Bacup on £18 k a year, who can't afford to maintain their dilapidated back to back, so it is all relative.

The PL clubs are worth far more than their debts which get paid off when they are sold to the next owner.

but its not sustainable it keeps growing and growing
if you are using your assets to maintain a level that in the end the banks will own more of your club than you.
investment and return ? manchester city owners knew it was a good business deal buying manchester city
but clubs like united and barcelona that run the debt to a point of no return make no sense

manchester city valued is around £2.5billion and turn over of around £500million a season
manchester united is valued not much more at £3billion and around the same revenue a season but have a big debt hanging around, so who is the best run club or have a better future ?

at the rate of growth and repayments percentages or re-mortgaging the debt is a never ending story
it has to stop at some point when the banks call in the debt and say enough is enough it will end up a fire sale

Our old friemd Ed Thompson has resurfaced in the latest issue of When Saturday Comes. At the end of an otherwise decent article on FFP, he comes up with this:

View attachment 25820
I mean, how wrong can you be? A strongly worded letter has landed on WSC's desk. Let's see if they print it.
Who is he and what strongly worded letter ? Yours or a club lawyers ?

Why has this thread been more active in the last weeks nothings happening

Because the accusations and the ongoing PL enquiry are held over the club as proof of wrongdoing as in the article cited.

And, on a wider level, the only certain outcome is that the PL, controlled by our direct rivals, is not going to come out and say "you know what, we've looked at this and Manchester City are entirely innocent of any misconduct". They cannot and will not admit that.

So the only question is what charges they will trump up and what damaging findings they will make. Then, of course, the Court proceedings start. All designed to damage the reputation of our club. I'd suggest that is reason enough to keep this thread current.

You stated Barcelona in both your examples.

If you are in £600k in debt in a £1m house and earning £200k a year it is sustainable and lot better than someone in no debt with a £30k house in Bacup on £18 k a year, who can't afford to maintain their dilapidated back to back, so it is all relative.

The PL clubs are worth far more than their debts which get paid off when they are sold to the next owner.

If you add in the Cayman Island Accounts - I think we’d find United are in debt to a tune a bit higher than £600m. And there are substantive rumours the the Glazers have borrowed other monies against the United ‘asset’ - so I’m not sure we can say United are not in trouble - there’s some ‘window dressing’ going on for sure.

Our old friemd Ed Thompson has resurfaced in the latest issue of When Saturday Comes. At the end of an otherwise decent article on FFP, he comes up with this:

View attachment 25820
I mean, how wrong can you be? A strongly worded letter has landed on WSC's desk. Let's see if they print it.
Again these so called journalists like to put their own spin on things to make it fit their own agenda against us. It is a classic case of not letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

And because we had the best lawyers money could buy while UEFA could only muster the 19-year old mate of one of the ExCo member's sons, who was a first year law student at Stoke Polytechnic.
Nothing wrong with getting legal work experience when everyone thought their case had only one conclusion (except you of course).

To be fair very few people had the privilidge to become acquainted with the actual facts you and others presented on BM believing a biased almost universal media's version must be true.

If you add in the Cayman Island Accounts - I think we’d find United are in debt to a tune a bit higher than £600m. And there are substantive rumours the the Glazers have borrowed other monies against the United ‘asset’ - so I’m not sure we can say United are not in trouble - there’s some ‘window dressing’ going on for sure.
The truth is, nobody except the Glazers and their inner circle is likely to know but I cannot imagine, given their type and locations, that their US malls are doing anything other than haemorrhaging serious amounts of cash. That could be crippling the group as much as united’s interest payments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.