City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

My memory isn't what it was but am I right in thinking that City's "bad" first day at CAS was because virtually any documents UEFA wished to present were found to be admissible by the court, contrary to City's claims, but that, in fact, this served only to show that they had no evidence at all to support their charges and that they could not argue this was because they were not allowed to present their case?
My understanding of it was that the hearing started at 9.30 and was over before 10 once the chairman and the panel had stopped pissing themselves laughing at the evidence presented by UEFA and gathered for them by employees and supporters of the hateful eight, four of which you could call the gullible 4. The rest of the hearing was only about going round in circles so that the public would think there was really some serious case being heard as the preceding publicity from the press had led the public to believe, when in reality there was nothing, absolutely nothing, they could find City guilty about other than not cooperating. And in that instance who could blame City for not cooperating with a bunch of crooks led by our American cousins. Anyway thats my view someone elses view may be different;-)

Last edited:
Ceferin:

“It is now time to seriously work together to put in place a true, direct cost control system," Ceferin said at the opening of the European Club Association (ECA) General Assembly on Monday.

"What I'm speaking of here is financial responsibility. This does not only mean that clubs shall spend wisely; it also means that the clubs should understand that their own financial strategies can and do impact the others.

This is why I'm of the view that a cost control system of checks and balances, limits and allowances, can be responsible, accountable and, importantly, transparent. We can do better and with the current crisis, we can forge an improved path.

I'm absolutely sure of it but let me highlight something very important. Financial Fair Play is not about competitiveness. We need to realise the true objectives to have a clearer understanding.

"Cost control systems and competitive balance measures are two different parts of one body. Of course, they are interrelated - we know that - but they have different objectives.

"My friends, of course, we can and we will work together on sensible measures to address competitive imbalance where necessary.”

Here they come again…

Our old friemd Ed Thompson has resurfaced in the latest issue of When Saturday Comes. At the end of an otherwise decent article on FFP, he comes up with this:

View attachment 25820
I mean, how wrong can you be? A strongly worded letter has landed on WSC's desk. Let's see if they print it.
Ed Thompson is a self-appointed 'expert' on FFP but in reality is a blowhard bullshitter. The last I heard his day job was project manager at an obscure branch of HSBC in (IIRC) Dorset.

I recall him coming on BMsome years ago and giving it large about FFP with particular reference to City but was put in his place by yourself and another poster whose name I'm ashamed to admit I've forgotten. You two put him straight and after sticking it out for a short while he fucked off never to return.

I wouldn't mind but the article was ostensibly about FFP in the EFL with particular reference to Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham. The paragraph on City was gratuitous, snide and complete bullshit.

I

Interesting that one of the biggest abusers of FFP are now in a seat of power within UEFA, who are set to change the regulations to stop clubs being irresponsible to others.

In real life this would mean that clubs couldn’t get into huge debt by overspending and not being able to pay their creditors as per agreements.

In UEFA life this means that we will find a way to curb spending for responsible owners and enable the G14 to be funded by said club should they breach said rules.

Ceferin:

“It is now time to seriously work together to put in place a true, direct cost control system," Ceferin said at the opening of the European Club Association (ECA) General Assembly on Monday.

"What I'm speaking of here is financial responsibility. This does not only mean that clubs shall spend wisely; it also means that the clubs should understand that their own financial strategies can and do impact the others.

This is why I'm of the view that a cost control system of checks and balances, limits and allowances, can be responsible, accountable and, importantly, transparent. We can do better and with the current crisis, we can forge an improved path.

"Cost control systems and competitive balance measures are two different parts of one body. Of course, they are interrelated - we know that - but they have different objectives.

"My friends, of course, we can and we will work together on sensible measures to address competitive imbalance where necessary.”

Here they come again…

"I'm absolutely sure of it but let me highlight something very important. Financial Fair Play is not about competitiveness. We need to realise the true objectives to have a clearer understanding."

Well Mr Ceferin you are absolutely ducking right there FFP is not about competitiveness it is about keeping the cartel clubs taking up the best places at the trough and keeping others away from that trough. Do these people believe they can fool everybody forever. If these people took the 11 plus they would just about get in Belle Vue Street, or the snake house at Belle Vue, the slimeballs.

Interesting that one of the biggest abusers of FFP are now in a seat of power within UEFA, who are set to change the regulations to stop clubs being irresponsible to others.

In real life this would mean that clubs couldn’t get into huge debt by overspending and not being able to pay their creditors as per agreements.

In UEFA life this means that we will find a way to curb spending for responsible owners and enable the G14 to be funded by said club should they breach said rules.
It is an interesting situation especially given how them and UEFA have buddied up over the Super League.

Overall PSG are going to what some opportunities for owner investment and that could well help City.

There is also a space open on the ECA for an English team. It would be great if we got our chance.

It is an interesting situation especially given how them and UEFA have buddied up over the Super League.

Overall PSG are going to what some opportunities for owner investment and that could well help City.

There is also a space open on the ECA for an English team. It would be great if we got our chance.
I don’t think we will. PSGs circumstances are beholden to Qatar and now that the World Cup has been sorted for them they no longer have to be extravagant in the market. You could say, job done for them, they can now consolidate with less revenue, going out with a bang by winning the CL.

Surely there must be at least one backstreet company out there called 'Loophole' that could sponsor us for £100 mill+ if they come at us again :p
You may be being sarcastic but with all the pies that SM has his fingers I’m sure he could find a willing donor. What we cannot be sure of if he wants to use his capital in that way. He seems content for the club to run within its means and keep lifting the trophies to add to the cabinet.

How lucky we are.

I don’t think we will. PSGs circumstances are beholden to Qatar and now that the World Cup has been sorted for them they no longer have to be extravagant in the market. You could say, job done for them, they can now consolidate with less revenue, going out with a bang by winning the CL.
Interesting take, I see Qatar/ Paris in it after the WC as much as before.

However you could be right, I always thought they were hanging Mbappe out by not accepting Reals bid and saying he has promised to not leave on a free. He got them a very fair deal TBF.

However, the main motivation in all this could be a CL win the year the WC is in Qatar and as you say that could then be seen as job done.

Not sure I agree, but I do get your logic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.