City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I expect quite a few twats like S.Jordan will get a surprise when they discover we don't have any sponsorship from related partners. They haven't even bothered to look at our accounts.

I expect quite a few twats like S.Jordan will get a surprise when they discover we don't have any sponsorship from related partners. They haven't even bothered to look at our accounts.

Fact is irrelevent to cunts like him , the narrative will be exactly the same because it suits their argument.

Yup..

The two things (among so many!.. but these are the key things!) that have p*ssed me off these past 14 years or so have been and continue to be, whenever the likes of Jordan, Roan, Delaney et al spout their rubbish about us:

(a) the clear lack of research to get to the facts
(b) the lack of media challenge/scrutiny

One could now include the situation at Newcastle to this.. it will be interesting to see how the American-owned 'Red Top' clubs influence their media cronies to spin against those pesky Middle Easterners who threaten their wallets.. oops, sorry, make that 'threaten their rightful, historical place at the top of the English game'.

Maybe I'm too demanding or naive but it shouldn't be difficult for any proper journalist to find and report on 'the facts', say, about City's (or Newcastle's or any club's) business relationships and sponsorships etc. The information is out there in the public domain.

And having spent a lifetime first studying History, then working in the Pharmaceutical Regulatory and Legal environments, I find it painful to see and hear the lack of questioning by the media of the likes of Jordan et al when they go off on one, whether on a radio talk show, a TV newscast or in a newspaper. Just ask for the proof, the evidence to back up their statements, tirades, rants or whatever..

Have these media johnnies nowadays fronting tv/radio shows never been taught the concept of 'seeking contrary evidence' to challenge herberts like Jordan?

Maybe one day we'll get 'facts', 'balance' and 'fairness' in media coverage of City. But the way things have been going thus far since 2008, I really am not intending to hold my breath on that happening..

The simplest facts seem to evade Jordan:
Simon - Citys owner is the deputy PM of the UAE - that means he is Dominic Raab not the PM Boris Johnson you tit.
The money he has invested in City is his personal money not the states through ADUG Ltd , an investment company for the Abu Dhabi royal family. He is involved in various government-run companies in the UAE none of which sponsor City. He is Vice Chairman of a very large Sovereign Wealth fund - which has nothing to do with City. He also owns large stakes in Virgin Galactic and Sky Sports Arabia which also have nothing to do with City. Etihad is the second flag carrier of the UAE - it also has nothing to do with HH Sheik Mansour however does sponsor us. Because he has nothing to do with the running of Etihad it cannot be a related party - get it?

The simplest facts seem to evade Jordan:
Simon - Citys owner is the deputy PM of the UAE - that means he is Dominic Raab not the PM Boris Johnson you tit.
The money he has invested in City is his personal money not the states through ADUG Ltd , an investment company for the Abu Dhabi royal family. He is involved in various government-run companies in the UAE none of which sponsor City. He is Vice Chairman of a very large Sovereign Wealth fund - which has nothing to do with City. He also owns large stakes in Virgin Galactic and Sky Sports Arabia which also have nothing to do with City. Etihad is the second flag carrier of the UAE - it also has nothing to do with HH Sheik Mansour however does sponsor us. Because he has nothing to do with the running of Etihad it cannot be a related party - get it?
He is not even Raab. His title does not make him a member of the gov.
He gave up "sponsoring" us some years ago.

Listening to talksport and white said Everton who have spent 500m are now struggling because of FFP. How ironic is this? One of the biggest voices against our owners. Now they are in debt and are no closer to challenging to win anything.

It proves that we have wonderful people working at City. Khaldoon’s brought in the Spanish players and we have not only made huge strides but won a lot of trophies thus turning city into a top club. Newcastle beware, anyone can waste money.

500m gone for what? Take that you letter writing twats. So the next time we are ranting about not buying a forward take a min to reflect back on how successful the club has and is being run.

We could easily be Everton!
Pretty sure Everton were’t one of the Hateful Eight/Noncey Nine.

Regarding FFP though, they were one of the clubs who voted in favour of the Premier League bringing it in back when Kenwright was chairman. Many clubs voted for it just to use it as an excuse not to spend big without caring that potential future owners of those clubs might want to invest plenty of money. That’s the situation Everton find themselves in now, and Newcastle of course as Ashley also voted for FFP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.