City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I may have misinterpreted HP's post, in that he may have meant general FFP restrictions rather than the specific sanctions imposed on us. I still don't think there's a connection as they were clearly thinking about this well before all the problems with Platini. It was probably more to do with some of the former G-14 clubs (particularly the Italian ones) worried that they couldn't attract investment. So when it suited them to attack clubs who'd had heavy investment they did so but when some of the clubs behind it realised they were stymied as well, they relaxed the rules. So definitely a complete sham.

Thanks for your opinion PB.

I have often thought that the pedantic implementation of rules to make their targets guilty would set precedents that it would be difficult to globally implement over time with the the then existing elite.
OK they have used the 'FFP will evolve' routine to allow change but a well run club can run rings round any attempt to target commercial unfairness once initial investment has been allowed to take its course and self sufficiency prevails.

In other words ADUG will be laughing at any Uefa monitoring and simply developing their business plan with a ruthless efficiency that the G14 were originally trying to prevent with their unsuccessful 'barrier to entry' tactics.

Current Uefa and FIFA disclosures make their rules a complete joke and it will be interesting to see if the righteous indignation regarding the booing of Uefa anthem has any penalty for City. Seems that Mr P. and our Captain are backing the fans so this may be a warning to Uefa that perhaps people in glass houses etc..
I will watch this with interest.

It is a fairytale story for both clubs as it reads... City pay massive fine and called cheats for breaching FFP.

Trouble is the football league thought they'd better jump on the PL rules, which were narrowly brought in on the back of UEFAs corrupt effort.

So now FFP has been broken by the Italian clubs who invented it, and us of course. The PL FFP was a failed last ditch attempt to stop City, which nobody wants and was always going to be voted out at the first opportunity.

But the idiots in the football league are too thick to realise what a daft situation they have created and they are five years adrift.

I'm sure it will all disappear soon through threat of legal action

Trouble is the football league thought they'd better jump on the PL rules, which were narrowly brought in on the back of UEFAs corrupt effort.

So now FFP has been broken by the Italian clubs who invented it, and us of course. The PL FFP was a failed last ditch attempt to stop City, which nobody wants and was always going to be voted out at the first opportunity.

But the idiots in the football league are too thick to realise what a daft situation they have created and they are five years adrift.

I'm sure it will all disappear soon through threat of legal action

Only reason it will disappear is because it failed in what it set out to do in the first place, stop City.

They say owners are stopped from loading debt on the club it will be better for football. All the problems stem from there. Compare the owners at Liverpool and Utd to ours. Our owners have invested hugely the others simply take out. Happened to us prior to the takeover.

They say owners are stopped from loading debt on the club it will be better for football. All the problems stem from there. Compare the owners at Liverpool and Utd to ours. Our owners have invested hugely the others simply take out. Happened to us prior to the takeover.
There's a major difference between planned investment and loading debt on a football club and the two couldn't be further apart.

Our model was always a period of heavy investment with the ultimate goal being self sustainability. Any debt was converted into equity so our club was never at risk. This was explained to UEFA, but they ploughed ahead with their attempts to stop us which led to our record fine.

BUT as was pointed out, as soon as the Italians who helped bring about FFP became victims of it themselves, FFP was amended to become what we suggested it should be in the first place. If a new owner wants a period of accelerated growth then show a business plan and a bank balance to prove you have the money and rules should be put in place to ensure any ensuing debt is levied against the owner and NOT the football club.

Funny this is how FFP has evolved JUST after we moved into self sustainability. The only thing I pray for now is that Platini receives a hefty prison sentence for being the crook he is. It would be funny watching him trying to plea bargain his way out of it by grassing up his fellow FFP conspiritors!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.