City fined by UEFA for ‘improper behaviour’ of players v Atletico

Isn’t it the same in the Premier League? 5 players get a card and you get fined for 'failure to control players'.
It's a standard fine, we all knew it was coming, how is there this much outrage over a rule that's been around for ages?
There's reasons to dislike UEFA and their corruption but this really isn't it.
How did we get more cards than them on the day?

Isn’t it the same in the Premier League? 5 players get a card and you get fined for 'failure to control players'.
It's a standard fine, we all knew it was coming, how is there this much outrage over a rule that's been around for ages?
There's reasons to dislike UEFA and their corruption but this really isn't it.
Don’t talk out of your jacksie they were the dirtiest bastards I’ve seen since Leeds in the 70’s and they’ve not been fined corruption at the highest level Booooooooooo you bent bastards

Don’t talk out of your jacksie they were the dirtiest bastards I’ve seen since Leeds in the 70’s and they’ve not been fined corruption at the highest level Booooooooooo you bent bastards
Ref totally lost control and aside from there being no mud it was like turning back the clock to the 70's at times.

Yeah, think it is.

One the one hand, it’s no wonder we’re all up in arms that UEFA has fined us again, especially when AM should have had more cards than us. That’s on the referee though, not UEFA. (Although I’m sure we’ll be told soon that they are told to card our players more than other teams)

On the other hand, it’s just a routine fine dished out to any team that has 5 different players booked.
I think the bigger point for me is that there has been no sanction for AM for the actions of their players after the match. Or retrospective action against their players for some of the things that were missed (ie Savic). I’d wear the paltry fine for the 5-yellows, who gives a toss. Everyone know it’s bent that we ended up with more cards than they did. But the very definition of “failing to control players” was AM in the closing stages of that match and the aftermath in the tunnel but that just seems to have been conveniently swept under the carpet.

I can't understand the outrage here. We received five cautions. UEFA rules state that teams receiving five cautions in a single game will be sanctioned. They are just following the rules, as they do with every other team.

You might argue that some of the cautions were soft, but that's down to the referee, not UEFA.

You might say it's unfair that four cautions and a dismissal is worse than five cautions, but the player sent off will receive a fine and a ban, which is arguably a more severe punishment than ours. You could argue that this deserves a club punishment as well, but that would require a rule change I presume.

Blame either our players for their poor discipline, or the referee for being biased against us, not UEFA on this occasion.

I can't understand the outrage here. We received five cautions. UEFA rules state that teams receiving five cautions in a single game will be sanctioned. They are just following the rules, as they do with every other team.

You might argue that some of the cautions were soft, but that's down to the referee, not UEFA.

You might say it's unfair that four cautions and a dismissal is worse than five cautions, but the player sent off will receive a fine and a ban, which is arguably a more severe punishment than ours. You could argue that this deserves a club punishment as well, but that would require a rule change I presume.

Blame either our players for their poor discipline, or the referee for being biased against us, not UEFA on this occasion.
The referee for me although I'd put it down to incompetence (or simply lost the plot) rather than bias. Did we receive all 5 yellows before the end of the match or were some after the final whistle?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.