City fined by UEFA for ‘improper behaviour’ of players v Atletico

I can't understand the outrage here. We received five cautions. UEFA rules state that teams receiving five cautions in a single game will be sanctioned. They are just following the rules, as they do with every other team.

You might argue that some of the cautions were soft, but that's down to the referee, not UEFA.

You might say it's unfair that four cautions and a dismissal is worse than five cautions, but the player sent off will receive a fine and a ban, which is arguably a more severe punishment than ours. You could argue that this deserves a club punishment as well, but that would require a rule change I presume.

Blame either our players for their poor discipline, or the referee for being biased against us, not UEFA on this occasion.
I didnt know that so thanks.

I can't understand the outrage here. We received five cautions. UEFA rules state that teams receiving five cautions in a single game will be sanctioned. They are just following the rules, as they do with every other team.

You might argue that some of the cautions were soft, but that's down to the referee, not UEFA.

You might say it's unfair that four cautions and a dismissal is worse than five cautions, but the player sent off will receive a fine and a ban, which is arguably a more severe punishment than ours. You could argue that this deserves a club punishment as well, but that would require a rule change I presume.

Blame either our players for their poor discipline, or the referee for being biased against us, not UEFA on this occasion.
Its still Uefa's fault. They may have just been following the rules but they are their rules which clearly aren't fit for purpose, proven by the fact that City have been fined and Atletico haven't. I'll carry on booing them for the next 10 years.

Anyone that could sit and watch those two games from start to finish & come to the conclusion that its City & only City that deserve punishment are either, corrupt, bent, or not right in the head.
Just the second game as we shithoused our way through the second half without trying to play football.

5 players received yellow cards, triggering an automatic fine from UEFA.

City will pay it as it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

This whole thread is over reactive nonsense born out of frustration of UEFA.

It’s not merited in this instance.

They should pay it in used fivers, chuck in another couple of grand, put it in an Aldi plastic bag and when handing it over mention that The Etihad happens available for the 2024 final.

Just the second game as we shithoused our way through the second half without trying to play football.

5 players received yellow cards, triggering an automatic fine from UEFA.

City will pay it as it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

This whole thread is over reactive nonsense born out of frustration of UEFA.

It’s not merited in this instance.
What is merited is a fine for Atletico, that's why most of us on here are annoyed.

What is merited is a fine for Atletico, that's why most of us on here are annoyed.
It isn’t really though is it? Do you think it would exist if Atletico had been fined €10k? Of course it would. UEFA have it in for us whatever happens, right?

The referees gave 5 of our players cards and under 5 for them.

That’s why we were fined and they weren’t.

UEFA haven‘t had a special meeting to bring a random fine. It’s an automatic one.

Anyone that could sit and watch those two games from start to finish & come to the conclusion that its City & only City that deserve punishment are either, corrupt, bent, or not right in the head.

Agree but it's the way the fines are applied that City 'broke' because the ref booked five of our players and only 3 of theirs. So City get fined.

If the ref had done his job correctly and booked more of their shithouse fouls Atletico would have been fined.

It's down to the ref City got fined.

They will probably get one but as it isn't an automatic one, it would come later. All a bit knee jerk.
It will be interesting to see if they do, not going to loose any sleep over it but I have my doubts. (happy to be proved wrong)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.