City Football Group (CFG) (parent of MCFC) issued £210m of new A preference shares on 30 June 2024

Could be interpreted in a number of ways:
Looks like a £250m transfer war chest.
Looks like a £250m stadium investment fund.
Looks like a £250m CFG buy about to happen.
Looks like a £250m FFP/PSR fine could be incoming.
Who knows what’s going on?

Note that this is money raised by CFG so it may be absolutely nothing at all to do with Manchester City and, instead, one or more of the other teams in the group or even something at group corporate level. Even buying another team - who knows?

CFG except City are burning through cash and this is a cash injection to prop it up, I think.
Whilst City are in a good place at the moment, we could still be susceptible to a group failure.
Also note that we are becoming more Yank owned!

CFG except City are burning through cash and this is a cash injection to prop it up, I think.
Whilst City are in a good place at the moment, we could still be susceptible to a group failure.

CFG other clubs are losing money so was city for the first 6/7 years! Don't forget when CFG buy a club or % they invest a lot to put them on the right track! We play the long game they will make money in the future just like we do now...

They're preference shares and non0voting, so it doesn't change the fundamental ownership percentage.

But perhaps the oil HAS run out and the Sheikh is skint?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.