City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

If we just take a look on the sport / entertainment side of this deal we're now teaming up with US giants like: Endavor, C3 Presents, TPG Capital, Live Nation, Ticketmaster, TEG, Agua Caliente, Sands, Delaware North, Reinsdorf Family, The Madison Square Garden Company, Liberty Media, Mets, Islanders and we already have an relationship with the Steinbrenner Family, the combined power / welth of these giants are absolutely scary, and thats just the entertainment side of the deal.

Cheers mate.

If we just take a look on the sport / entertainment side of this deal we're now teaming up with US giants like: Endavor, C3 Presents, TPG Capital, Live Nation, Ticketmaster, TEG, Agua Caliente, Sands, Delaware North, Reinsdorf Family, The Madison Square Garden Company, Liberty Media, Mets, Islanders and we already have an relationship with the Steinbrenner Family, the combined power / welth of these giants are absolutely scary, and thats just the entertainment side of the deal.
I think I only recognise 4 of those names so I'm taking your word for it that it's huge, massive even ;)

Of course you don't normally hire an arena for a theatre gig but that's my whole point: could you do something innovative? Whether it would be worth it depends on what sort of utilisation you expect to achieve in respect of full capacity events.

Didn't know Live Nation now own the Apollo...
More likely they will build a smaller venue next to (or in) the big arena.

Hypothetical situation. The Glazers sell 0.0001666% of United to a friendly associate company for £1m, and this values United at £6bn. Could this happen? Could a football club do something like this to get a false valuation?

Hypothetical situation. The Glazers sell 0.0001666% of United to a friendly associate company for £1m, and this values United at £6bn. Could this happen? Could a football club do something like this to get a false valuation?

A company is like your house...it's worth what someone will pay for it. I can't imagine any serious financial entity would decide to purchase United based on a miniscule sale of a few shares.

A company is like your house...it's worth what someone will pay for it. I can't imagine any serious financial entity would decide to purchase United based on a miniscule sale of a few shares.
OK I'm not a serious financial entity but I once tried unsuccessfully to buy a Roy Keane door mat from Uniteds shop when buying a certain shirt as a birthday present for one of my misguided relatives.

In a way I think people will buy any item associated with a particular logo without even thinking about its future value, shares without voting rights or even value to its issuing company will have an ebay value to some.

I wonder how many people know this is our value, apart from Blues that is. A Rag was on the tram yesterday going to the Tranmere match and he said the difference between our owners and his is that ours put 200 million into the club whereas the Glazers had taken 200 mill out. He then got a brief lesson in how the Sheikh put 200 mill in, got it back by selling 11% and his investment was now worth 4 billion. He honestly did not know the club were worth that. The lickspittle media don't report it as it is positive news and so the story goes untold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.