City Hero Uwe Rosler {merged}

franksinatra

Just had the pleasure of meeting Uwe at the City supporters club. Wonderful to hear a City player talk about the club as a supporter, the affection he still has for the club, and how he joined in the Poznan at the recent Wolves game.

One of his sons has signed with the club and another is on trial, hopefully we will have the pleasure of witnessing the 100% commitment by another Rosler

I

Re: City Hero Uwe Rosler

I loved Uwe Rosler as a City player

I love Uwe Rosler, still today.

He "gets" City and what we are all about

Exactly mate, he spoke about coming back for the play off final. How he watches most of our games. The support he received from the fans during his illness. Absolute legend.

The first player I ever truly worshiped as a kid. You're a lucky man. And yes, he 'gets' City. Love him!

Was at Sheffield Wenesday on his debut, the Uve song started that day in the corner and was sung all match.Uve scored an equaliser it finished 1-1 and rumour had it he cried on the coach back to the ground, overcome at the welcome we had given him.
I loved him as a player big, strong and a blue through and through, scored at Old Trafford in the cup till we were cheated out of it.
At Wembley with us against Gillingham a dark day that finally ended in glory.
This club weaves its magic on special individuals, Bell-Lee-Goater-Rosler-Dickoff and many others.
Give the guy a job City, an intelligent man with a passion like us for the club, a hero to the fans who watched him.
We loved him and he loves us the Football club will be stronger with him on our side.

A great player who bought into us 100%.
One of the best and most comitted strikers we've had for a long time.
The current strikers we can call on today probably outweigh his ability from back in the mid/late 90's but probably only Tevez could match his endevour.
When him and Washy linked up it was a joy.

Some players you just have an affinity with! I think he feels the same way about us too! Great bloke! So glad to see him fit and well!
Would love to see him in a future role with us one day!

mrt4919 said:
Was at Sheffield Wenesday on his debut, the Uve song started that day in the corner and was sung all match.Uve scored an equaliser it finished 1-1 and rumour had it he cried on the coach back to the ground, overcome at the welcome we had given him.
I loved him as a player big, strong and a blue through and through, scored at Old Trafford in the cup till we were cheated out of it.
This club weaves its magic on special individuals, Bell-Lee-Goater-Rosler-Dickoff and many others.
Give the guy a job City, an intelligent man with a passion like us for the club, a hero to the fans who watched him.
We loved him and he loves us the Football club will be stronger with him on our side.

He also spoke about this game saying Trevor Francis wanted to sign him at the end of the season and he was only on loan to City. Apparently he turned down more money to stay with us as at that time Wednesday had a great team, with big crowds

mrt4919 said:

And that day he agreed to join city on permanent basis after an offer from Wednesday. He also joined city for less money because of his love for the club.

He also said he has applied for 3 jobs and not got any

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.