City Hero Uwe Rosler {merged}

Re: City Hero Uwe Rosler

Two germans forever held in the highest esteem in city folklore .....

Bert Trautmann and Uwe Rosler.

Uwe loved Manchester City and made every effort to fit into Manchester life , he made many friends here both inside and out of football ...... he had , and still has , a great attitude ....... it wasn't just his goals , it was the man himself.

Vaguely remember him being at the Middlesbrough game in Autumn 2003 not that many months after being diagnosed. Could have just imagined this. We murdered Boro and lost 1-0.

Anyway, I digress, a brilliant signing for us for the price and it wasn't hard to see the qualities that endeared him to City fans and still do to this day as a man.

I hope someone gives him the opportunity in management soon - i'm sure he won't let them down.

We had the pleasure of meeting uwe on holiday years back , think his loan spell had come to an end at southampton. What a cracking bloke he his and spoke very highly of city . Felt very sureal at the time having a booze with one of your favourates .
Top bloke , cheers uwe.

mrt4919 said:
Was at Sheffield Wenesday on his debut, the Uve song started that day in the corner and was sung all match.Uve scored an equaliser it finished 1-1 and rumour had it he cried on the coach back to the ground, overcome at the welcome we had given him.
I loved him as a player big, strong and a blue through and through, scored at Old Trafford in the cup till we were cheated out of it.
At Wembley with us against Gillingham a dark day that finally ended in glory.
This club weaves its magic on special individuals, Bell-Lee-Goater-Rosler-Dickoff and many others.
Give the guy a job City, an intelligent man with a passion like us for the club, a hero to the fans who watched him.
We loved him and he loves us the Football club will be stronger with him on our side.

His debut was QPR away he came on as a sub and made a goal for Rocastle and got mobbed we drew 1 -1. I also meet him a couple of years later funny enough at QPR he was injuried and had driven down in Paul Walsh's car. He was in a pub near the ground having a beer before the game . I asked him why he wasnt in the players or a club bar he said the beer tasted better in a real pub with real people as you say a top man one of the best ever

City, Give Rosler a job !

This guy, a City Legend is looking for work.
Intelligent, passionate, multilingual did I mention being a City Legend ?
Loves the Football Club ( Does that apply to all our employees ?)
Management and coaching experience.
Loved by the fans
Supported us at Wembley against Gillingham a dark day that ended in Glory (Were you there ?)
Articulate and knowlegeable about the game.
Handles the media well.
Would take a wage less than JO and contribute 100 times more

Re: City, Give Rosler a job !

Should be in charge of the kids, Scott Sellars has not impressed me one bit.

Re: City, Give Rosler a job !

In my opinion this should already have happened .... even if they only offered him a post at Platt Lane with the City academy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.