City history book now available INTERNATIONALLY

Re: City history book now available nationwide

Here save you another 9p, £20.60 delivered

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0955812771/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=new</a>

Thanks for all the positive comments about the book. Much appreciated and it really does help.

Thanks also to those who have reviewed the book on Amazon - some great comments.

A few people have told me since yesterday morning that the Book Depository are a reliable service. I've never used them, but it does seem as if they can be trusted. Their business model seems a bit odd for overseas postage costs but as a customer if it works then it's worth doing.

If you do live outside of the UK I don't believe you'll find a cheaper all-round cost for buying the book. I've been worried that people outside of Europe have not been able to get hold of the book, but if their postage costs are included in the purchase price of about £20 (which in itself is cheap) then it seems a bargain. They also stock the similarly heavy book "Manchester A Football History" and "Joe Mercer, OBE: Football With A Smile".

Here's the link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Manchester-City-Years-Gary-James/9780955812774" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Manches ... 0955812774</a>

Thanks again to everyone who has bought the book and commented. It really is appreciated.

Aha! More evidence for my agenda on THE AGENDA. Had any other team been champions last season a history book about them would have been in every bookshop, high street, newspaper kiosk, railway station, airport, and internet outlet across the universe. And if MANUre had pipped us (hehehehehehehehehehe!) it would have been available in another dimension and Norwich City's club shop!

Gary - none of my business I know but you want to get a few complimentary copies out to the folks at Sky Sports News, Talksport and all the newspapers.

Not as a plug for your book, just to make sure they start getting their bloody facts right!!

:-)

Good luck with it. Absolutely cracking book!!

strongbowholic said:
Gary - none of my business I know but you want to get a few complimentary copies out to the folks at Sky Sports News, Talksport and all the newspapers.

Not as a plug for your book, just to make sure they start getting their bloody facts right!!

That's been done. I've sent out over 100 complimentary copies to journalists & media reps (at around £6 postage per book, plus the cost of the book it's not cheap for me & the publisher).

Gary James said:
strongbowholic said:

That's been done. I've sent out over 100 complimentary copies to journalists & media reps (at around £6 postage per book, plus the cost of the book it's not cheap for me & the publisher).
Wow! Right, no excuses for them to get anything wrong about us anymore in terms of history.

The editor of all these places should make it required reading.

strongbowholic said:
Gary James said:
strongbowholic said:

Wow! Right, no excuses for them to get anything wrong about us anymore in terms of history.

The editor of all these places should make it required reading.

Basically you have to distribute a lot of copies to get any kind of mention, but back in 1997 when Manchester The Greatest City came out it received good reviews in most national broadsheets and all football magazines. So far, despite more copies being sent out, this book has only received reviews in MCFC fans forums/fanzies, Winger mag, Backpass and Football Trader. It has been mentioned in football articles in other papers, but that's it. Imagine radio and the Bluemoon podcast have done pieces on it and I'll be on Revolution this weekend as well - delighted with all their support of course.

Other reviews/mentions may follow of course, but in the main it's word of mouth from City fans that's helping the book get noticed and stocked. That's why I am so appreciative of all the support by Bluemoon regulars. Thanks.

Absolutely superb literary composition detailing Citys history ; Breedon Books did a great numerical season-by-season account of the Blues many years ago, but this publication adds the stories behind the facts giving a top insight into the whys & wherefores....................hug congrats Gary, they'll be naming a stand after you at this rate ! CTID

Really enjoying reading this book! Superb! Thanks Gary.

P.S I've bought books off the Book Depository and had no problems with them at all.

Gary James said:
Thanks for all the positive comments about the book. Much appreciated and it really does help.

Thanks also to those who have reviewed the book on Amazon - some great comments.

A few people have told me since yesterday morning that the Book Depository are a reliable service. I've never used them, but it does seem as if they can be trusted. Their business model seems a bit odd for overseas postage costs but as a customer if it works then it's worth doing.

If you do live outside of the UK I don't believe you'll find a cheaper all-round cost for buying the book. I've been worried that people outside of Europe have not been able to get hold of the book, but if their postage costs are included in the purchase price of about £20 (which in itself is cheap) then it seems a bargain. They also stock the similarly heavy book "Manchester A Football History" and "Joe Mercer, OBE: Football With A Smile".

Here's the link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Manchester-City-Years-Gary-James/9780955812774" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Manches ... 0955812774</a>

Thanks again to everyone who has bought the book and commented. It really is appreciated.

hiya gary,i reviewed your amazing work of art on amazon,2nd reviewer,i'v noticed on amazon for quite a while now a new work that you're working on ? its say not available yet, "The Journey: Rebuilding Manchester City - The Inside Story Of A Unique Football Club ".keep up the good work fella !
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Journey-Reb...r_1_46?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354215532&sr=1-46

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.